Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is the oldest Middle Level media training Institution in Kenya established in 1961. It is currently a State Corporation established through Legal Notice No.197 of 2011 (amended).
The Institute offers training at Post Graduate, Diploma and Certificate levels in Communication and Cinematic Arts. The Institute is looking for a qualified candidate for the following vacant position:-
Principal Technical Instructor
KIMC Grade 10
Job Ref No. KIMC/PTI/1/2018
Duties and Responsibilities: Providing assistance in leadership and implementation of the strategic plan in the technical section to attain the mission and vision of the Institute.
a) Participating in the development, review and implementation of the curriculum and other training materials for quality service delivery;
b) Assisting management to instill discipline to enable meaningful training to ensure that the code of conduct is adhered to;
c) Providing ideas to help plan activities to achieve departmental goals.
a) Train in the areas of specialization;
b) Instruct students acquire knowledge, skills and change attitude to prepare them for the job market;
c) Supervise students on industrial attachment in order to ensure they acquire hands on skills as per the market demands;
d) To assess and evaluate students by use of examination for the purpose of grading
e) Make instructional materials such as course outlines, schemes of works and lesson plans for effective and efficient training;
f) Guide trainees on how to use and maintain equipment to enhance durability through best user practice
Qualifications and Experience
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Served in the grade of Chief Technical Instructor in a comparable position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Television, Radio, Film and Video Production, Film/Video Sound, Film/Video Camera, Film/Video Editing, Film Technology, Mass Communication (Radio and/or Television), Studio Technical Operations/Media Technology, Technical Education, Photojournalism, Broadcast Journalism, Journalism, Electrical/Electronic, Telecommunication Engineering, Theatre Arts, Animation, Fine Art/Design or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in Training of Trainers course lasting not less than six (6) months from a recognized Institution (holders of Certificate in Education are exempted);
- Attended Senior Management Course in a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills ; and
- Shown merit, integrity and ability in the performance reflected in the work performance and results.
In addition, candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Interested candidates must submit Certificates of Compliance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and provide Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
Terms of Service: The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service. The Salary for this position will range from Kshs.66, 381/= to 102,872/= Excluding allowances.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications quoting job reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae; copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card, Transcripts and Testimonials; Daytime Contacts; Full Names and Contacts of three (3) referees to:
The Director/ CEO
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Uholo Road, (South B), Nairobi
Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 42422 – 00100
So as to reach him not later than 23rd February, 2018.
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC)
P.O Box 42422-00100,
Tel: +254 020 655155 / 6555907