The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is a state corporation established through an Act of Parliament (CAP 225A, Laws of Kenya) repealed by the Kenya National Examinations Council Act no. 29 of 2012, to conduct School and Post School Examinations within Kenya as it may consider desirable in the public interest and to award certificates and diplomas to successful candidates in such examinations.
The Council is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individual with excellent leadership and technical skills, team players, innovative and highly motivated individuals who are able to work in a high pressure environment.
KNEC EC Scale 9
The Accountant III will be reporting to a Head of Section in the Finance & Accounting Division.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance)/Business Administration/ Business Management or Economics or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA (K);
- Must have served in the grade of Assistant Accountant for 3 years or 3 years cumulative relevant work experience in a public or private institution in Finance and Accounting field;
- Membership to ICPAK;
- Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Computer Applications (Ms office and accounting packages;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare timely journals/vouchers; file and maintain voucher movement registers
- Deliver and collect instructions to and from the bank;
- Prepare budget and management accounts as instructed;
- Reconcile and prepare periodic reports on revenue collected against services rendered;
- Ensure timely response to audit/revenue queries;
- Generate and ensure accuracy of lead schedules in the Financial Statements;
- Maintain investment register and manage project cash flow;
- Monitor vote book balances and advice on accounts that need reallocation;
- Process all approved payments promptly and accurately and maintain a detailed documentation of all claims and payments;
Required Core Competencies
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and Multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Being visionary and result oriented;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Firm, fair and transparent management style.
Shortlisted candidates must meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
In this regard, the candidates should obtain clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms of Offer: The Council will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with seniority and responsibilities of the position.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more details log into KNEC website www.knec.ac.ke
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is a state corporation established through an Act of Parliament (CAP 225A, Laws of Kenya) repealed by the Kenya National Examinations Council Act no. 29 of 2012, to conduct School and Post School Examinations within Kenya as it may consider desirable in the public interest and to award certificates and diplomas to successful candidates in such examinations.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.