The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is a state corporation established through an Act of Parliament (CAP 225A, Laws of Kenya) repealed by the Kenya National Examinations Council Act no. 29 of 2012, to conduct School and Post School Examinations within Kenya as it may consider desirable in the public interest and to award certificates and diplomas to successful candidates in such examinations.
The Council is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individual with excellent leadership and technical skills, team players, innovative and highly motivated individuals who are able to work in a high pressure environment.
Chief ICT Officer (Information Security)
KNEC EC Scale 12
The Chief ICT Officer will be reporting to the Head of Section in ICT department.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Information Communications Technology, or equivalent qualification plus professional ICT qualifications such as MCSD, CISA etc;
- Masters Degree in Computer Science/Information Communications Technology, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Three (3) years experience as a Senior Information Communications Technology Officer with supervisory and managerial responsibilities or 9 years cumulative work experience in reputable institution;
- Candidates who have attended a Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a reputable institution will have an added advantage;
- Hands-on experience in the following software development: SQL, Java, Oracle, visual Studio, Business Intelligence reporting tools such as Crystal, IIS and web/mobile application frameworks;
- Candidates with a record of successful delivery of large application systems in a team as the team leader preferably in examinations related applications will have an added advantage;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate and implement a prudent ICT risk management strategy;
- Develop and implement security and integrity of ICT systems in the organization;
- Liaise with user departments to understand the business processes/problems, review and evaluate existing/proposed systems and make recommendations on suitable solutions;
- Design and develop systems for administration and management of business processes as well as conducting trial runs of the systems to ensure compliance with desired results;
- Develop a deployment plan for the systems developed including installation, testing and training;
- Managing access controls and security;
- Monitor the performance and integration of specified applications at section level;
Required Core Competencies
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and Multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Being visionary and result oriented;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Firm, fair and transparent management style.
Shortlisted candidates must meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
In this regard, the candidates should obtain clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms of Offer: The Council will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with seniority and responsibilities of the position.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more details log into KNEC website www.knec.ac.ke