The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is a state corporation established through an Act of Parliament (CAP 225A, Laws of Kenya) repealed by the Kenya National Examinations Council Act no. 29 of 2012, to conduct School and Post School Examinations within Kenya as it may consider desirable in the public interest and to award certificates and diplomas to successful candidates in such examinations.
The Council is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individual with excellent leadership and technical skills, team players, innovative and highly motivated individuals who are able to work in a high pressure environment.
Research Officer II
KNEC EC Scale 10
The Research Officer II will be reporting to a Head of Section in the Research Division.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Bachelors Degree in Education with specialization in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Masters Degree in Education in Measurements and Evaluation or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Must have served as Research Assistant I for 3 years or at least six (6) years relevant work experience from a reputable institution;
- Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Advanced Computer Applications;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct pro-active research studies in educational assessment;
- Develop research proposals on research problems related to the organization; plan and implement research projects;
- Train data collectors; prepare programme and implement data collection exercise and disseminate research findings;
- Prepare examination award statistics to members of the awards committee and moderation subject panel.
Required Core Competencies
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and Multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Being visionary and result oriented;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Firm, fair and transparent management style.
Shortlisted candidates must meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
In this regard, the candidates should obtain clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms of Offer: The Council will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with seniority and responsibilities of the position.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more details log into KNEC website www.knec.ac.ke