The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is a state corporation established through an Act of Parliament (CAP 225A, Laws of Kenya) repealed by the Kenya National Examinations Council Act no. 29 of 2012, to conduct School and Post School Examinations within Kenya as it may consider desirable in the public interest and to award certificates and diplomas to successful candidates in such examinations.
The Council is seeking to recruit experienced, results oriented individual with excellent leadership and technical skills, team players, innovative and highly motivated individuals who are able to work in a high pressure environment.
Senior Economist / Planner
KNEC EC Scale 12
The Senior Economist / Planner will be reporting to the Principal Economist / Planner.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Masters Degree in either Economics, Statistics, Economics and Mathematics, Public Policy and Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Served in the grade of Economist/Planner for a minimum period of three (3) years or in an equivalent and relevant position OR have a cumulative working experience of at least nine (9) years in a related field;
- Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Computer Applications;
- Candidates who have attended Management Course lasting not less than four weeks will have an added advantage; and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity;
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate the Council’s Economic Planning Activities;
- Carry out economic planning analysis; supervise and coordinate the development of the KNEC’s Strategic Plan and policies;
- Oversee the implementation of Council projects and programs and monitor Council’s budget performance and prepare reports;
- Co-ordinate performance contracting processes, guidelines and procedures;
- Facilitate Departments to have their departmental work plans in place and collect and present statistical data in the form of survey reports and bulletins;
- Coordinate the preparation of the Council’s calendar of year activities;
- Monitor and evaluate the Council’s Quality Management Systems
Required Core Competencies
- Ability to portray and uphold positive national image and work in a multi-cultural and Multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Being visionary and result oriented;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Firm, fair and transparent management style.
Shortlisted candidates must meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution.
In this regard, the candidates should obtain clearance certificates from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms of Offer: The Council will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with seniority and responsibilities of the position.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of three referees on or before 5th March, 2018 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P. O. Box 73598 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and People Living with Disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more details log into KNEC website www.knec.ac.ke