Job Vacancy: HR Manager
Do you have a passion for people?
Would you like the opportunity to give input to the HR policies of a growing organisation?
We aspire to set the standard for not only quality and innovation within the Kenya Dairy Industry but also FUN!!!
Through its rigorous quality controlled processes, it provides fresh high quality products from farm to shelf on a daily basis.
This is beneficial to its consumers as well as its partners who are provided with training to ensure that premium milk is provided from the source.
This is a growing organisation. Therefore, it needs an HR Manager to support its efforts to invest in its staff. They will play a critical role in driving the organisational culture and ensuring adherence to labor laws.
This role is suitable for an individual who has a passion for developing people and has very strong organisational skills. One who is able to communicate with people from various backgrounds and different levels of seniority.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to create structure and give input to the organisation’s HR policies from scratch.
- Assess the hiring needs across departments and create a recruitment plan at organizational level to ensure no staffing gaps
- Manage the staff recruitment process
- Effectively onboard new hires to set them up for success in their roles; ensure all roles have job profiles and delivery metrics
- Be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries
- Create and maintain physical and electronic staff records
- Set up and manage the performance appraisal process of staff by managers and of managers by their peers and the board
- Be responsible for the staff training budget and have a strategy to develop the capability of the staff to deliver their jobs and expand their capabilities over time
- Implement and ensure compliance with the organisational policies, strategies as well as procedures
- Analyse and refine policies, strategies as well as procedures to address changes required as the organisation grows
- Facilitate communication across the organisation by fostering top-bottom and bottom-up flow of information, ideas, feedback and grievances to curb conflict situations
Does this sound like you?
- At least 6 years relevant experience
- Familiarity with the laws governing HR policies is an advantage
- Appreciation for a start-up environment, ‘roll-up sleeves’ attitude, entrepreneurial and growth mindset
- Consider people to be the most important part of an organisation
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and project management skills