Job Vacancy: Assistant Branch Manager
Job Location: Busia, Kakamega, Kisii, Kiambu and Nakuru Counties.
If you are a natural entrepreneur who loves creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products, you could be Living Goods’ next Assistant Branch Manager!
Living Goods supports a network of over 1,500 micro-entrepreneurs in Kenya who provide high quality, high impact community health care while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights.
As part of the Branch Team, you will play a key role in supporting Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) to deliver high quality health care to their communities and generate sales of critical products.
To be successful in this role you must be able to motivate others, have strong business skills, and want to be part of a cutting edge team that is setting the bar on improving health impacts in a sustainable way.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train and manage Community Health Volunteers.
- Motivate Community Health Volunteers to achieve sales targets and health impact goals.
- Ensure all Community Health Volunteers know and follow health protocols (esp. diagnosis and treatment).
- Support Community Health Volunteers in learning and using correctly their smartphones and the health-centered Android apps.
- Implement marketing and promotional efforts to support Community Health Volunteer sales.
- Manage inventory: Ensure no stock-outs and ensure management on First In/First Out; First Expiry/First Out basis.
- Manage the financial operations, ensuring the books balance; cash matches sales daily.
- Manage credit: deposit, timely repayments, rigorous reporting.
- Build strong community relations.
- Conduct regular refresher trainings to Community Health Volunteers.
- Health related diplomas and degrees are preferred.
- Ideally at least 1 year experience in health / community / business related work.
- Team player with drive for results.
- Ability to mentor and coach Community Health Volunteers.
- Ability and willingness to interact with community elders and clients.
- Willingness to work extensively in the field.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- A good communicator with excellent public speaking skills
- Ability to market and sell life-changing products.
- General computer proficiency.
- Experienced in handling microcredit a plus.
- Luhya, Kisii, Kikuyu, Kalenjin, Luo speaking is an added advantage
- Passionate about working with poor rural households in remote areas.
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance, vacation, and a bonus opportunity. The opportunity to enter an exciting career path within a fast and growing mission driven team.
Life at Living Goods: Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply for the Assistant Branch Manager position online in our applicant tracking system.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applications will be considered and reviewed on rolling basis.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org
follow us @Living_Goods