Job Vacancy: Logistics Sales Executive – Uganda
Purpose: The purpose of the position is management and development of Sea and Air Logistics (including Bulk and Project Cargo), customs brokerage, transport, and warehousing.
Develop customer opportunities sufficient to meet growth goals and objectives set For Uganda. Actively develop a prospecting list to drive new business revenue streams.
- Identify potential customers and register opportunities in place; relentlessly pursue realization of such opportunities leading to revenue for the company.
- Securing new customers, and maintaining and developing existing accounts.
- Promote the services and products of all entities, and coordinate sales efforts with other department sales
- Negotiate with the accounts as per price guidelines given, looking to maximize profits.
- Meet and exceed target set in terms of contributing and generating revenue for the department.
- Conduct and report minimum number of sales leads set by the management and transform a minimum of those into revenue generating business.
- Regularly visit existing accounts validating our service levels and develop new revenue streams.
- Assimilate market information and take part in the overall business development through weekly / monthly sales meetings.
- Follow up on customer communications in a timely and professional manner.
- Support Customer Service and work closely with Operations and Documentation on the execution of customer service contracts.
- Maintain records of customer details / sales visits in place.
- Follow up with clients for out standings supported by the Finance Controller.
- Minimum 5 years Sales experience in Freight Forwarding / Logistics
- Self-motivator / Aggressive / Ambitious
- Sociable & Fluent English
- Microsoft Office
- Project Logistics/ Off-shore Logistics experience an advantage
- Professional certification by MSK and a Member of MSK
- Proficient in all computer application packages.
- Proficient on company operating software’s like ERP and Sage.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their detailed CV to email@example.com specifying the country they would like to work. Eg LOGISTICS SALES EXECUTIVE UGANDA.