Company Profile: Our client is a manufacturing company in Kisumu and looking to hire a Chartered Accountant to carefully monitor the financial transactions and report on how they affect the general setting of the company.
Vacant Position: Chartered Accountant
Job Ref: EHC/1068/18
Reports to: The CFO
The Role: To be in charge of the organization’s financial documentation. Will also be in charge of taxation, provide financial reports and be involved in financial management services.
- Prepare accounts and tax returns
- Administer payrolls and control income and expenditure
- Audit financial information
- Compile and present reports, budgets, business plans and financial statements
- Analyze accounts and business plans
- Provide tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- Perform financial forecasting and risk analysis
- Negotiate the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organizations
- Manage colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Comply with financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in finance, Business, and CPAK or ACCA
- Experience in Accounting, Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills,
- Attention to Detail,
- Reporting Research Results,
- Time Management,
- Data Entry Management,
- General Math Skills
To apply for this position, send your CV to email@example.com by 9th March, 2018 quoting the position in the subject line, current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted