Company Profile: Our client is a Micro-Finance within Nairobi’s CBD looking to hire a capable COO to take charge of the operational functions of the organization.
Vacant Position: Chief Operating Officer
Job Ref: EHC/1072/18
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Supervising: This position has overall supervisory responsibility for all corporate operations.
The Role: To plan, direct and oversee the company’s operational policies, rules, initiatives, and goals.
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of both internal and external operational processes and find ways to improve them.
- Develop and implement growth strategies on online lending.
- Act as a liaison between the company and its clients for quality assurance
- Provide mentorship to existing employees and the management
- Motivate staff to meet or surpass organizational and sales goals
- Coordinate with human resources department to recruit skilled talent and retain the best employees
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate rapid growth objectives of the company.
- Present new ideas and cash flow strategies to the board of directors and company officers
- Direct acquisitions and sales of company assets in line with organizational goals
- Evaluate newly implemented sales and marketing plans to measure their impact on the product and the organization
- Provide a system for employees’ salaries and benefits while ensuring that all employees feel valued
- Promote staff communication for better information flow and to curb problems that arise from bad office relations.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Act as lead client relationship officer through direct contact with every client and partner.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the company with clients, investors and business partners.
Qualifications and Skills
- BCom finance, CPAK or ACCA professional qualification
- At least 7 years’ experience in cost accounting and financial roles with 3 years in management roles.
- Experience in Banking (Lending) or busy commercial environment
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Conversant with QuickBooks, ERP
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
- Additional experience in internal audits is desirable
- Strong attention to details and confidentiality
- Critical thinker with high concentration to numeracy
- Highly reliable, trustworthy with integrity and strong values
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology and legal.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Results Driven.
- Business Acumen.
- Decision Making.
- Financial Management.
To apply for this position, send your CV to email@example.com by 12th March, 2018 quoting the position in the subject line, current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||