Job Vacancy: Mitsubishi Motors Technician
Based in Khartoum North Sudan
Growth and Value Consulting is a Financial and Management Consulting company in Kenya. G & V represents a client; DAL Group.
The biggest conglomerate in Sudan who seeks to recruit a KIA Motors technician
Reporting to the Workshop Manager , the master technician will be responsible for handling all the repair issues to ensure that the quality of the repair delivered is done to the required standard thoroughly and with an eye toward quality up to the customer satisfaction, and in accordance with established processes and procedures.
The technician will;
- Determine the type of repair required & the work scope.
- Plan the service job by segmenting the job to its target labor hours, identified parts & material that enable performing the job in a fully integrated manner.
- Receive job requests, determine the required repair, and make quotations.
- Diagnoses and repairs vehicles accurately and within a reasonable time frame (Stander Time) and with a quality of work that matches the manufacturer recommendations and standard.
- Understanding brand technologies & system operation (Engine, Electrical And electronic, Drive Train, Telematics, and chassis).
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge of how to use all product/s Electronic Diagnostic Tools.
- Submit service report identifying customer complain, what he found wrong, diagnostic steps and repair preformed, root cause of the problem and recommendation to workshop team leader.
- Keep up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.
- Assist in dispatching technicians to their respected jobs and segments, in full liaison with the Team leader.
- Assist the workshop team leaders / supervisors with daily operation of the facility through preparing work orders estimates, quotation, parts ordering, shop organization and coaching of other members of the service department.
- Determine cause of failure and initiate appropriate actions and help in creating prototypes for repeated failures.
- Adhere to all safety procedures & policies specified for service, operation or repair of equipment or service tools usage.
- Maintain a clean & organize work area, mechanical parts and components
- Remove, install, disassemble& assemble, Test, measure, and adjust, diagnose components and parts.
- Locate & efficiently use service manuals & technical information.
- Determine reusability of parts in accordance with published supplier’s reusability guidelines. Order replacement parts.
- Train, coach and mentor assigned Service Technicians/Engineers, apprentices and trainees.
- Attend required training classes for update and new product readiness.
- Assist the team leader and service advisor in explaining the repair done to customers, whenever needed or Required.
- Act as a consultant for diagnostic work, vehicle repairs, and procedures.
- Provides leadership and direction to other members of the service department.
- A diploma /certificate in Automotive / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- On the job training on Mitsubishi is highly advantageous.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
The automotive technician will be;
- An excellent communicator.
- A customer experience oriented individual.
- A proactive individual to achieve results.
- A quality oriented individual.
- A person with good interpersonal skills to relate well to customers, staff and any other stakeholders they may interact with from time to time.
Interested candidates to send their application which should be an application letter and a CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Mitsubishi Motors Technician” as the subject of the email by COB 28th February 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No hard copies of application will be accepted.