Multimedia University of Kenya (MMU) is a Chartered Public University established by the Kenyan Government under the University Act No. 42 of 2012 and the Multimedia University of Kenya Charter 2013.
The vision of the University is to be the University of Choice in training, research, innovation and consultancy.
The University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
Grade MNT 14
Applicants for the position of Corporation Secretary – Grade NT 14 MUST be holders of the following qualifications, relevant work experience as indicated below:-
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Served in the grade of Senior Legal Officer or in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelors degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree in Law (LLM) from a recognized institution;
- A valid Practicing Certificate from Law Society of Kenya;
- CPS (K)
- Be registered member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries.
- Been an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law;
- Certificate in Computer Applications skills from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence in legal work as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Ensuring compliance with Statutes, regulations and procedures;
- Advising the Vice Chancellor and Council on legal obligations;
- Drafting, reviewing and approving agreements, grant awards and contracts;
- Overseeing management of land assets and Intellectual Property;
- Keeping Custody of legal and Council documents;
- Overseeing preparation of Council and legal reports;
- Overseeing review legal policies and practices;
- Identifying, mitigating legal risks and developing remedial plans;
- Representing the University in litigation and developing case strategy;
- Ensuring Council resolutions, internal policies and procedures comply with legal provisions;
- Reviewing progress of outstanding litigation;
- Preparing Council notice, agenda and minutes;
- Attending Council meetings;
- Preparing Council work plans; and
- Performing any other legal duties as may be required from time to time by the University
Terms and Conditions: The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. The successful candidate will be offered competitive remuneration package which includes among others, basic salary, medical cover, house, transport and leave allowances.
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) copies of their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, e-mail address, telephone contacts, postal address, current post, copy of current pay slip, copy of their original National Identification Card (ID), certified copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials.
They should provide clearance certificates from the following organizations:
iii. Kenya Revenue Authority
iv. Certificate of Good Conduct
Applicants should also ensure that their certificates are certified by KNEC and attach evidence of certification from KNEC.
Any candidate who will have presented forged document(s) shall automatically be disqualified.
They should also provide three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and areas of specialization, one of which must be a recent/last employer.
The referees should submit their confidential reports in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the specific reference number, to the address here below.
Applicants should quote the reference of the position applied for on the envelope; fill the summary sheet (attached) in MS Word and send it to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: MMU is an equal opportunity employer thus, women, persons with disability and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Applications should reach the undersigned on or before Friday, 23rd February, 2018.
Multimedia University of Kenya
P. O. Box 15653 – 00503
Nairobi – Kenya
e-mail address: email@example.com