The Ministry of Health, in collaboration with ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership to implement the Kenya Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (KENPHIA) survey in 47 counties in Kenya.
This program is part of US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through CDC.
Applications are invited from Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Vacant Position: Senior Data Analyst – NASCOP
Location: Based at NASCOP Nairobi, with travel within Kenya
Overall Job Function: Under direction of Head NASCOP and SI Manager, NASCOP, the individual will review, analyze and validate KENPHIA survey data.
This individual will also advise the KENPHIA Data Management Unit on best practices for data management, including data analysis and interpretation of the results for decision making.
- Provide periodic reports to NASCOP on the key survey indicators, including data quality
- Review, analyze and interpret KENPHIA survey data
- Verify integrity of collected, stored and analyzed KENPHIA survey data availed in the PHIA global and Kenya survey dashboards
- Assist in the write up of survey results
- Provide leadership in preparation of survey data presentations, reports, and scientific abstracts plus manuscripts
- Participate in and support day-to-day activities of the in-country data management team, the Data Accountability and Advisory Committee and KENPHIA Scientific Publications Committee
- Master’s or higher degree in Biostatistics, Applied Statistics or Epidemiology
- Minimum of eight years working in epidemiology, public health, surveillance or related field is required.
- Experience and technical expertise with surveillance systems and surveys using complex sampling methodologies
- Experience writing technical reports and scientific manuscripts
- Experience providing capacity building on surveillance and epidemiological methods
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Proficiency in SAS. Knowledge of other standard statistical packages is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
1. All applications to be addressed to the Head National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCOP)
2. Register your application at www.kenphia.co.ke by
a. Completing your online application form
b. Upload your cover letter
c. Upload your current CV
All applications should be received on or before February 8, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: More details on the KENPHIA Project may be found HERE