National Bank of Kenya
Position Title: Relationship Manager, Corporate & Private Sector
Job Ref No. HR/019/2018
Available Positions: One (1)
Division: Corporate Banking Division
Reporting to: Head, Corporate & Private Sector
Position Scope: The Job holder will be required to onboard new Corporate Banking clients , manage his/her corporate portfolio to ensure revenue returns while managing costs and ensuring the customer’s needs are satisfied through various financial solutions.
- Grow the Bank’s revenues from both new and existing clients by enhancing transactional, trade and foreign exchange volumes., while managing costs to enhance profitability
- Identify potential new business opportunities and consistently generate innovative ideas for implementing new business opportunities to open corporate accounts and grow the liability book.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the clients’ industry and business by analysing their management practices, judgement of various influential decision makers, market conditions affecting the long term viability of the business and industry sector, and effectively use this knowledge to continually cross sell the bank’s products to ensure maximization of the customer wallet share.
- Carry out and document regular client visits
- Work closely with the Head of Corporate Credit, Credit Managers and Analysts to initiate business deal proposals for new facilities or facility modifications that require assessment of credit, and provide insightful information regarding business strength and vulnerabilities.
- Proactively identify potential problem accounts and formulate appropriate mitigating strategies.
- Act as single point of accountability for corporate clients and consistently deliver high quality service to all internal & external customers, while maintaining confidentially of customer information at all times.
- Coach the associate relationship manager/credit analyst in all aspects of the role and ensure open team communication
- Ensure 100% compliance to KYC and AML policies and account opening procedures.
- Stay updated on the security controls in place to protect the branch against criminal and fraudulent activities and unnecessary risk and exposure.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- 3 -5 years experience in relationship management or related relevant experience
- Banking experience, preferably within Corporate or Commercial Banking.
- Experience in a sales /customer service environment will be an added advantage
- Strong negotiation, persuasion & presentation skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written)
- Customer oriented & team player
- Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th March 2018
Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.