National Bank of Kenya
Position Title: Project Manager
Job Ref No. HR/007/18
Division: Managing Director & CEO’s Office
Reporting to: Head, Strategy, Research & Innovation
Position Scope: The overall responsibility for the role holder will be to provide leadership and management of Bank projects to accomplish the project objectives by planning, monitoring, evaluating and controlling project activities within budget and realization of benefits.
The role holder will ensure the application of appropriate resources to activities during the project life cycle, addressing the various emerging expectations of the stakeholders and management of competing project constraints of scope, quality, budget, time and risk.
- Provide the strategic roadmap for the projects agenda in the Bank and in line with the Bank’s Strategic Direction.
- Manage the Bank’s portfolio of projects
- Maintain oversight on all projects in the Bank by providing leadership and guidance while providing regular feedback to executive and relevant stakeholders within the project lifecycle
- Research and development of Innovative and cost efficient business methods for implementation of projects in the Bank
- Development of project management policies, processes, procedures, project charter, project plans and methodologies based on best practice and industry standards for successful project delivery
- Determine an effective project team structure that will support in meeting delivery of projects in line with the Bank’s strategy.
- Assemble a cross-functional project team for their technical or functional contribution to projects in collaboration with the work stream owner and ensure the team remains motivated to deliver
- Facilitate the definition of scope, service levels, user requirements and other dependencies with project partners, vendors and consultants
- Provide leadership in development and review of project cost estimates, budgets and other resources necessary to deliver on scope, schedule and budget.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology for Planning, Defining, Execution, Monitoring and Control, and reporting activities within the project lifecycle
- Track and analyze project performance and PMO effectiveness
- Ensure projects governance
- Plan for resources responsible for creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage
- Responsible for identifying cross project dependencies, risks and activities and negotiating resolution to conflict.
- Coordinate the Projects Steering Committee/s and ensure decisions and follow-ups are executed.
- Management of project phases and the testing cycles within the project.
- Responsible for bank wide awareness of the project management framework to all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Ensure effective and continuous engagement with Risk Division to achieve effective controls to mitigate against business risks associated with project
- Maintain close working relationship with Internal Audit Division to ensure assurance.
Qualifications, Experience,Skills& Personal Attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Management Science, Engineering or related field from a recognized university.
- Certification in Project Management is a must- either – Prince 2 Practitioner or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Masters degree in Project Management or Business Administration is an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in Project Managementof which three (3) years must beatmanagement level.
- Proficiency with related project management software tools
- Project Management skills with a bias to ICT projects
- Proven planning, organization and execution skills
- Good experience in business process re-engineering and analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Contract negotiation skills
- Customer and Stake holder management skills
- Analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within strict deadlines
- Entrepreneurial/Commercial mind-set
- Change management and conflict resolution skills
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV addressed to the Director Human Resources, stating your current position, current gross salary, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to: Recruitment@nationalbank.co.ke by 15th February 2018.
Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.