University of Maryland
School of Medicine
Introduction: The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Kenya Ministries of Medical Services and Public Health to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M & E infrastructure necessary to support these services.
The University of Maryland and Nairobi City County Government are working on a collaborative project towards the provision of high quality HIV prevention, care and treatment services to select health facilities in Nairobi County.
The project is therefore seeking for a suitably qualified person able to fill the position of a Project Accountant.
This position will be based at the County Health Services Department and mainstreamed into the county structures.
Job Title: Project Accountant
Job Group: L
Terms of Service: 3 Year Contract
Reporting to: Sector Accountant
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting / commerce or any business-related field accounting! finance option.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) and registered by ICPAK
- Qualification in relevant financial and payroll systems software application (Quick books, or any other accounting software)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience preferably in USAID supported, health related programs
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions in order to monitor financial status of project activities, ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported.
- Coordinate and facilitate the procurement requirements of the project office on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines.
- Prepare the monthly payroll and generate the payroll and payroll by-products (deductions) reports.
- Ensure compliance on submission of statutory deductions (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, DIT etc.)
- Prepare Bank reconciliations and submit for review and approval by the 5th day of every month.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 14th February 2018.
Applicants are advised to include the position title “PROJECT ACCOUNTANT” as the subject.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.