Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Senior Operations Associate for our Tatu City Campuses.
The Senior manager will be in charge of the day to day operations of our school campuses to ensure that they run smoothly. This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer: Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content.
At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Learn more about our learning approach here.
Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade.
To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
About the Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Driving operational excellence in our day-to-day operations of our schools
- Assist with implementation of any and all initiatives put forth by Operations team.
- Leads and/or provides support in the execution of projects related to school goals – renovation, construction, new policies/systems, etc.
- Ensures smooth campus operations (including evening and weekend activities) by liaising closely with resident teaching staff and operations team.
- Supports in the successful running of various aspects of school operations – Library, Student Support Services, Kitchen operations, Sports Activities, etc.
- Assists in forecasting and managing the school facilities budget.
- Assists in doing various cost analysis to identify operational improvements
- Responsible for planning, assigning and directing contract/casual staff, including cleaning and security staff
- Responsible for appraising staff performance; rewarding and disciplining contract/casual staff; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience preferably in business operations, project management, marketing, event management and/or finance operations
- Superior problem solving and planning skills
- Highly developed organizational, communication and presentation skills
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Superior interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to form professional relationships at all levels the organization and with appropriate external stakeholders
- Overseas work experience within a multicultural environment would be advantageous
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you?
If so, then CLICK HERE to apply online. To apply, please complete the form on the right hand side of the page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications for this role will close on 2nd March 2018. All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps within a week after this closing date. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage.
The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
Working at Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best.
Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!).
We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here.