The National Police Service Commission (NPSC) is an Independent Commission established under Article 246 of the Constitution of Kenya.
The mandate of the Commission is to:
a) Recruit and appoint persons to hold or act in offices in the service, confirm appointments, and determine promotions and transfers within the National Police Service.
b) Observe due process exerdse disciplinary control over and remove persons holding or acting in offices within the service and
c) Perform any other function as prescribed by a national legislation.
The Commission seeks to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Deputy Director Human Capital Management (HR Management Services)
Vacancy Number: V/No.1/2018
Directorate: Human Capital Management
Reports to: Director, Human Capital Management
Terms of Service: Pensionable
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the human capital management strategy;
- Develop department policies and procedures to provide guidance in the delivery of the human capital strategy in line with best practice;
- Monitor compliance with the commission human capital policies and procedures, and the employment laws and regulations of Kenya;
- Develop and monitor the effective utilization of the directorate budget;
- Oversee recruitment, appointments, promotions, remuneration, staff training and development of staff;
- Assist the Director, Human Capital Management in the management of the HR functions in the Commission;
- Oversee the preparation of the agenda and minutes of HR committees and HR agenda for the Commission Board meetings;
- Develop the division work plan from the human capital strategy;
- Develop, monitor and evaluate the performance of staff through the performance contracting and Performance Appraisal System;
- Participate in the discipline management through the provision of advice on resolution of cases on discipline;
- Monitor the implementation of processes and procedures in human resource management;
- Development of HR planning process including budgeting, procurement of manpower documentation and placement, innovative remuneration reward systems that are appropriate and
- Ensure proper implementation of retirement and pensions schemes to assist in making exits manageable.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills
- Masters degree in HR related field, Strategic Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or any related field from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors degree in Human Resource or any Social Sciences subject from a recognized university with a Diploma in Human Resources;
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources from a recognized institution
- A member of a relevant HRM professional body;
- Human Resource Certification;
- Attended a Senior Management Course lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution;
- Computer literacy;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution of Kenya;
- Twelve (12) years of service of which three (3) should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
Additional Criteria for Selection
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match these exciting roles, please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae stating your current position, current remuneration level, email and telephone contacts quoting reference number of the position applied for.
The NPSC will be seeking evidence of a candidate’s suitability to serve in the positions advertised.
1. Applicants should attach a copy of National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials, or any other evidence of proven relevant expertise herein being sought;
2. In addition to the qualifications set out in the Constitution and the Enabling Statutes, applications must further furnish clearance certificates from:-
a) Director, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC);
b) Commissioner General, Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
c) Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
d) Professional bodies (where applicable) to which the applicant belongs such as LSK, ICPS(K), ICPAK, AAK, IEK, etc.;
e) Certificate of Good Conduct from DCI
NB: These criteria are applicable only to the Senior Positions of Deputy Directors, Managers and Head of Investigations.
Women, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
No person shall be qualified for appointment in any of the above posts if the person:
a) Has previously been convicted of any criminal offence;
b) Has violated the Constitution;
c) Is an undischarged bankrupt;
d) Has been adversely mentioned in any report by a Commission of Inquiry or any Parliamentary Committee;
e) Canvasses directly, indirectly, by proxy, by emissary, by ethnic or clan whipping, by pressure groups, by other associations or in any other way;
f) Knowingly, willingly and blatantly lies, misrepresents, cheats and fails to disclose material facts.
In addition, the National Intelligence Service (NIS) may be requested by the Commission to provide a report on all shortlisted applicants.
a) Applications and Certified Copies of the supporting documentation should be delivered to the National Police Service Commission, SkyPark Plaza (Near Jacaranda Hotel) 5th Floor Westlands, Nairobi,
or Posted to:
The Commission Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer
National Police Service Commission
SkyPark Plaza 5th Floor
P.O. Box 47363-00100
Applications should be received at the Commission on or before 19th March, 2018.
NB. National Police Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Persons with disabilities and from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification