The National Police Service Commission (NPSC) is an Independent Commission established under Article 246 of the Constitution of Kenya.
The mandate of the Commission is to:
a) Recruit and appoint persons to hold or act in offices in the service, confirm appointments, and determine promotions and transfers within the National Police Service.
b) Observe due process, exercise disciplinary control over and remove persons holding or acting in offices within the service and
c) Perform any other function as prescribed by a national legislation.
The Commission seeks to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Deputy Director – Information Communication Technology
Vacancy Number: V/No.4/2018
Directorate: Communication and Outreach
Reports to: Director, Communication and Outreach
Terms of Service: Pensionable
- To formulate and develop organization’s ICT strategies, policies, guidelines and programmes;
- Coordinate the management of ICT operations including maintenance work, testing and optimization;
- Manage information and communication technology resources;
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop the ICT team to meet its expectations;
- Ensure that ICT systems and procedures promote data and information security and business continuity, in line with best practices and relevant internal and external standards and regulations;
- Make significant contributions to the strategic direction, management and culture of the whole organization;
- Work in a collaborative way with other directorates and departments to develop the ICT vision and strategy that suits their activities and services delivery;
- Coordinate the development of measures to ensure security, privacy and integrity of information communication technology systems for continuity of operations;
- Initiate and oversee information communication technology projects to improve organizational;
- Monitor implementation of departmental work plans on monthly, quarterly and annual basis through review meetings and reporting and
- Perform regular Information Communication Technology audits
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
1. Master’s degree in computer science or information systems or its equivalent from a recognized university;
2. Computer hardware Certifications such as A+ ‘or’ b) Microsoft Systems Certifications such as; MCSA/MCSE/MCDA ‘or’ c) Network and CISCO Certifications such as; N+/CCNA;
3. Attended a Senior management Course lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution;
4. Computer literacy & proficiency;
5. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
6. Twelve (12) years of service of which three (3) should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
Additional Criteria for Selection
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match these exciting roles, please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae stating your current position, current remuneration level, email and telephone contacts quoting reference number of the position applied for.
The NPSC will be seeking evidence of a candidate’s suitability to serve in the positions advertised.
1. Applicants should attach a copy of National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials, or any other evidence of proven relevant expertise herein being sought;
2. In addition to the qualifications set out in the Constitution and the Enabling Statutes, applications must further furnish clearance certificates from:-
a) Director, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
b) Commissioner General, Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
c) Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
d) Professional bodies (where applicable) to which the applicant belongs such as LSK, ICPS(K), ICPAK, AAK, IEK, etc.;
e) Certificate of Good Conduct from DCI
NB: These criteria are applicable only to the Senior Positions of Deputy Directors, Managers and Head of Investigations.
Women, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
No person shall be qualified for appointment in any of the above posts if the person:
a) Has previously been convicted of any criminal offence;
b) Has violated the Constitution;
c) Is an undischarged bankrupt;
d) Has been adversely mentioned in any report by a Commission of Inquiry or any Parliamentary Committee;
e) Canvasses directly, indirectly, by proxy, by emissary, by ethnic or clan whipping, by pressure groups, by other associations or in any other way;
f) Knowingly, willingly and blatantly lies, misrepresents, cheats and fails to disclose material facts.
In addition, the National Intelligence Service (NIS) may be requested by the Commission to provide a report on all shortlisted applicants.
a) Applications and Certified Copies of the supporting documentation should be delivered to the National Police Service Commission, SkyPark Plaza (Near Jacaranda Hotel) 5th Floor Westlands, Nairobi,
or Posted to:
The Commission Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer
National Police Service Commission
SkyPark Plaza 5th Floor
P.O. Box 47363-00100
Applications should be received at the Commission on or before 19th March, 2018.
NB. National Police Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Persons with disabilities and from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification