The National Police Service Commission (NPSC) is an Independent Commission established under Article 246 of the Constitution of Kenya.
The mandate of the Commission is to:
a) Recruit and appoint persons to hold or act in offices in the service, confirm appointments, and determine promotions and transfers within the National Police Service.
b) Observe due process, exercise disciplinary control over and remove persons holding or acting in offices within the service and
c) Perform any other function as prescribed by a national legislation.
The Commission seeks to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Human Capital Management Officer I & II
Vacancy Number: V/No.10/2018
Directorate: Human Capital Management
Reports to: Senior Human Capital Management Officer
Terms of Service: Pensionable
- Provide guidance on interpretation and application of HR Policies and Procedures to employees in the divisions for the attainment of set standards;
- Validate information collected on letters of promotion, probation, appointment to ensure accuracy of data;
- Facilitate recruitment and selection function within the Commission and NPS to ensure accurate numbers with capacity;
- Secretariat to the Recruitment, Appointment and Promotions Committee or any other Committee;
- Facilitate implementation of the recommendations of the NPSC Human Advisory Committee to achieve actions on decisions;
- Facilitate implementation of the recommendations of the Policy programmes, Legal affairs and appeals Committee to ensure timely response to matters;
- Compile and analyze appeals on dismissal and transfer cases to ensure policies are being followed;
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource , Social Sciences such as Government, Social, Public/Business Administration;
2. Computer Literacy;
3. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
4. Four (4) years’ of service, or similar experience in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
Additional Criteria for Selection
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match these exciting roles, please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae stating your current position, current remuneration level, email and telephone contacts quoting reference number of the position applied for.
The NPSC will be seeking evidence of a candidate’s suitability to serve in the positions advertised.
1. Applicants should attach a copy of National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials, or any other evidence of proven relevant expertise herein being sought;
2. In addition to the qualifications set out in the Constitution and the Enabling Statutes, applications must further furnish clearance certificates from:-
a) Director, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
b) Commissioner General, Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
c) Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
d) Professional bodies (where applicable) to which the applicant belongs such as LSK, ICPS(K), ICPAK, AAK, IEK, etc.;
e) Certificate of Good Conduct from DCI
NB: These criteria are applicable only to the Senior Positions of Deputy Directors, Managers and Head of Investigations.
Women, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
No person shall be qualified for appointment in any of the above posts if the person:
a) Has previously been convicted of any criminal offence;
b) Has violated the Constitution;
c) Is an undischarged bankrupt;
d) Has been adversely mentioned in any report by a Commission of Inquiry or any Parliamentary Committee;
e) Canvasses directly, indirectly, by proxy, by emissary, by ethnic or clan whipping, by pressure groups, by other associations or in any other way;
f) Knowingly, willingly and blatantly lies, misrepresents, cheats and fails to disclose material facts.
In addition, the National Intelligence Service (NIS) may be requested by the Commission to provide a report on all shortlisted applicants.
a) Applications and Certified Copies of the supporting documentation should be delivered to the National Police Service Commission, SkyPark Plaza (Near Jacaranda Hotel) 5th Floor Westlands, Nairobi,
or Posted to:
The Commission Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer
National Police Service Commission
SkyPark Plaza 5th Floor
P.O. Box 47363-00100
Applications should be received at the Commission on or before 19th March, 2018.
NB. National Police Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Persons with disabilities and from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification