The National Police Service Commission (NPSC) is an Independent Commission established under Article 246 of the Constitution of Kenya.
The mandate of the Commission is to:
a) Recruit and appoint persons to hold or act in offices in the service, confirm appointments, and determine promotions and transfers within the National Police Service.
b) Observe due process, exercise disciplinary control over and remove persons holding or acting in offices within the service and
c) Perform any other function as prescribed by a national legislation.
The Commission seeks to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Investigators I & II
Vacancy Number: V/No.14/2018
Directorate: Strategy, Research and Vetting
Reports to: Head of Investigation
Terms of Service: Pensionable
1. Carryout investigations on all cases of complaints received on the police officers that are being vetted as directed by the Head of investigation;
2. Compile and submit report(s) on all investigated cases allocated to him/her by the Head of Investigation;
3. Ensure set datelines and targets are met in a timely manner;
4. Compiling of relevant evidence to facilitate investigations and
5. Any other duty assigned to him/her by the head of investigation.
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills:
1. Bachelors Degree in Criminology, Social Science in any relevant field from a recognized University;
2. Training in Fraud/ financial investigations;
3. Knowledge and appreciation of ICT and modern Technology in investigation;
4. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
5. Six(6) years’ experience in criminal investigations.
Additional Criteria for Selection
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match these exciting roles, please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae stating your current position, current remuneration level, email and telephone contacts quoting reference number of the position applied for.
The NPSC will be seeking evidence of a candidate’s suitability to serve in the positions advertised.
1. Applicants should attach a copy of National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials, or any other evidence of proven relevant expertise herein being sought;
2. In addition to the qualifications set out in the Constitution and the Enabling Statutes, applications must further furnish clearance certificates from:-
a) Director, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
b) Commissioner General, Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
c) Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
d) Professional bodies (where applicable) to which the applicant belongs such as LSK, ICPS(K), ICPAK, AAK, IEK, etc.;
e) Certificate of Good Conduct from DCI
NB: These criteria are applicable only to the Senior Positions of Deputy Directors, Managers and Head of Investigations.
Women, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
No person shall be qualified for appointment in any of the above posts if the person:
a) Has previously been convicted of any criminal offence;
b) Has violated the Constitution;
c) Is an undischarged bankrupt;
d) Has been adversely mentioned in any report by a Commission of Inquiry or any Parliamentary Committee;
e) Canvasses directly, indirectly, by proxy, by emissary, by ethnic or clan whipping, by pressure groups, by other associations or in any other way;
f) Knowingly, willingly and blatantly lies, misrepresents, cheats and fails to disclose material facts.
In addition, the National Intelligence Service (NIS) may be requested by the Commission to provide a report on all shortlisted applicants.
a) Applications and Certified Copies of the supporting documentation should be delivered to the National Police Service Commission, SkyPark Plaza (Near Jacaranda Hotel) 5th Floor Westlands, Nairobi,
or Posted to:
The Commission Secretary/ Chief Executive Officer
National Police Service Commission
SkyPark Plaza 5th Floor
P.O. Box 47363-00100
Applications should be received at the Commission on or before 19th March, 2018.
NB. National Police Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Persons with disabilities and from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification