Job Vacancy: County Coordinator – Contraceptive Uptake Facilitator
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Job Location: Busia County, Kenya
About Us: Palladium Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world.
Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programmes in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender.
Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and programme management.
About the Position: The County Coordinator – Contraceptive Uptake Facilitators (CCs) will provide high-quality detailing and programmatic support to the DFID-funded programme for Delivering Increased Family Planning across Rural Kenya (ESHE).
ESHE is DFID’s new innovative flagship family planning (FP) project for Kenya started in 2013 and will end in December 2018. ESHE intends to improve behaviors and significantly increase the use of FP through the private sector with a focus on improving the lives of rural women and adolescent girls.
CCs will be critical in ensuring that increased family planning (FP) services effectively reach rural women and girls. CCs are full time position based in Busia County.
The desired coordinator will be expected to have a comprehensive understanding of the community, culture and norms in one or more of the preferred counties.
CCs will act as the sales and marketing arm promoting family planning generally and the increased uptake of contraception within their county. CCs will work with private providers to provide comprehensive information on contraceptive choices, identify skill gaps and trace commodity stock levels.
CCs will link private providers with demand generation and behavior change activities to maximize the impact of demand creation activities. CCs will work closely
with the Regional Coordinator and Regional Manager to support private providers.
- Sensitize and promote the ESHE project to the County Health management teams (CHMTs), community members, stakeholders and other relevant partners.
- Participate in stakeholder forums and in county annual work plan initiatives relevant to the program.
- Identify and recruit new providers into the FP network
- Support ESHE network members on quality improvement initiatives
- Report on all field activities including integration with partners
- Coordinate Beyond zero outreach events in conjunction with the relevant County MOH staff.
- Monitor and action on FP commodity issues in the ESHE network facilities
- Ensure project targets and deadlines are met and quality services are provided by the service providers
- Act as the link between the service providers and the Palladium Group
- Diploma in community development, social work or related studies
- Diploma or degree in Projects management
- Experience in Community programs will be an advantage
- Experience of managing a varied workload and managing a group of varied partners an advantage
- Experience in social marketing and the private sector for health is an advantage
- Should have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate easily and clearly
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel and Outlook essential
- Extensive knowledge of particular county in in the target ESHE counties is a distinct advantage
- Result-focused attitude and work style
- Prioritizes high-quality work
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Should be able to work independently with minimum supervision
All interested candidates can email their CV to Winifred.email@example.com by Friday 9th March 2018.
The name of the position and county being applied for should be clearly stated in the subject line of the email and on the application.