Job Vacancy: Senior Business Analyst
About Us: Penda Health is an award-winning private company that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by making extremely high quality healthcare accessible to every family and offering unparalleled patient experiences. Our vision is to be the most trusted healthcare provider in all of Africa.
- Reports directly to the Head of Product – a Harvard-trained physician/entrepreneur
- Strong ability to influence the strategic direction of a fast-growing healthcare company
- Our culture is really unique, you’ll love it.
Role Description: The core of your job is to help everyone at Penda have greater insight into the performance of the business. If you nail your job, Penda will make better strategic decisions, be more focused, and reach our vision of being the most trusted healthcare provider in Africa sooner!
- Maintain, update, and dig into dashboards, Penda’s model and other analytical reports on Penda’s performance.
- Build additional user friendly tools that bring to light the complexities of Penda’s business model and targets.
- Collaborate with managers across the company to make decisions on where to focus to improve company and branch performance using data driven decision making.
- Guide & train managers in formulating sound business questions that can be answered with available data.
- Be a thought leader (and executor) on core business processes like monthly stock order generation and budget setting.
- Help with board, investor, and outside partner reporting. We don’t do much of this as our investors are awesome, but we’d like to make sure we do it on time and accurately which will be your job.
- Continue to build Penda’s culture. Actively contribute to the breaking down of any barriers, resolve conflicts as they arise, and be an amazing team mate to all your fellow staff.
- Ponder questions regarding Penda’s strategic direction with stakeholders across the Penda team!
- Get ready for anything, we are still a start up! Prior people in this role have ended up responsible for construction projects, and our supply chain department… so we really mean anything.
- Strong SQL ability (or willingness to become an expert at SQL!)
- Strong Excel skills – we’ll actually give you a quiz as a part of the interview. If you love Excel as much you need to for this job, you will be excited to hear this. ☺
- Passion for helping businesses make data driven decisions
- Incredible work ethic, strong ability to self-manage. Allergic to missing deadlines kind of person. Ready to work long, hard hours!
- Bachelor’s degree required, focus in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or other related fields is a plus
- Master’s Degree in the above fields is preferred
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience with complex, self-directed data analysis.
- Startup compensation given with lots of appreciation
- Performance bonuses based on company performance
- Stock option based compensation available for the right candidate
Applications are due March 19th 2018
Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis (first to apply is first to be evaluated).
To Apply, kindly click the following link; http://pendahealth.applytojob.com/apply