Job Vacancy: Administrative Officer
Job Summary: The Population Council is seeking an experienced administrator to support various functions in the Population Council Nairobi Office including: facility management, procurement and general administrative services.
This position is a local hire position. Candidates must be Kenyan nationals.
General administration services:
- Ensure proper management and coordination of staff travel arrangements including ticketing, transport and security;
- Ensure good general office management and cleanliness and maintenance of the office premises and equipment;
- Verify all vendor invoices and deliveries with program personnel and liaise with the finance officer for payment;
- Ensure that the office is run in a professional and responsible manner including hosting guests, receptionist duties, and general contact and liaison with outside agencies;
- In close collaboration with Network Coordinator and Program Coordinators, ensure proper asset management and maintain an updated and accurate asset register, and room lists, and ensure that all assets are properly labelled and whereabouts regularly verified;
- Coordinate the purchase of office supplies and any other necessary administrative and office management details; Liaise with staff with regards to events/booking of meeting rooms and other meeting logistics;
- Provide administrative support to PC-Kenya Board; coordinate meeting documents including ensuring that all papers are prepared on schedule, and conform to the highest standards;
- Perform communication functions, including drafting letters, memos and formatting documents; and supervise the outsourced service providers and divide responsibilities where necessary, to ensure performance.
- Ensure full understanding and adherence to the Council’s procurement policies and assist as needed in training staff on these policies
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality;
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development; and
- working with Program Coordinators and the Procurement Committee to complete duties as needed.
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy and organize regular service schedules for vehicles and maintain service schedule files;
- Collect and distribute of vehicle log-sheets to drivers;
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs;
- Maintain daily vehicle movement and oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking;
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, insurance, etc.; and ensure that accident reports are completed and filed (if related to vehicles).
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration, Communication, and other business management fields of relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ practical experience in a reputable organization
- Must demonstrate understanding of logistics, procurement and administration, ethics and good management skills with diverse team with large flow of information and activities
- Experience in an NGO setting is preferred
- A strong understanding of donor compliance is required
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to make recommendations for improvements
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English
- Meticulous with an excellent sense of judgment and ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and prioritize, show initiative
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with a diverse team in a multi—cultural set up
- Thorough understanding on logistical challenges, market mechanism and supply chain dynamics; and positive team spirit.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Applications must be received by 8th March, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Population Council is an equal opportunity employer.