Postbank is a leading Savings Bank, with a nationwide network and offering a wide range of financial services.
Postbank is seeking to recruit a high calibre, results oriented and experienced professional for the position below:-
Manager, Financial Accounting & Reporting
Position Function: Reporting to the Head Finance and Accounts, the position is responsible for formulating, implementing and enforcing of accounting and internal control systems.
It is also responsible for overall management of the Bank reconciliation’s, suspense accounts reconciliation, and financial reporting.
The office holder will be required to prepare accurate, timely and reliable periodic financial reports for external and internal stakeholders.
- Oversee preparation of financial reports and ensure Banks compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Coordinate preparation of audit schedules in readiness for both the internal and external audit.
- Review internal and external audit reports and critically evaluate findings and recommendations for adoption by Management.
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of the budget and management of fixed asset register and stores.
- Monitor reconciliation of all Cash and Bank accounts, Debtors and Bank tenant’s subsidiary against the general ledger.
- Manage the fixed assets including ensuring that the register is regularly maintained and up to date and in line with the bank’s laid down policies and procedures.
- Supervise, appraise, guide mentor and train staff while ensuring maximum staff productivity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors Degree in a Finance or Accounting field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA or CFA qualification.
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya
- ICT Proficiency.
- Experience in leading various multiple teams and ability to work effectively across teams.
- 7 years satisfactory service and relevant work experience in Finance & Accounts 3 of which should be at Managerial level.
Terms of Service and Remuneration: The appointments will be for a contractual period of three years, renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
How to Apply
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Post House, 4th Floor; Market Lane Off 17 Banda Street.
Please address applications to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P. 0. Box 30311-00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday 14th March 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Post bank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action.
In this regard, women, people living with disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.