Postbank is a leading Savings Bank, with a nationwide network and offering a wide range of financial services.
Postbank is seeking to recruit a high calibre, results oriented and experienced professionals for the position below:-
Senior Accountant (Agency Settlement)
Position Function: Reporting to the office of the Manager, Treasury and Investments, the position is accountable for providing timely and accurate reconciliation reports, management of settlements on money transfer services, mobile phone service providers, sub-agents and managing of credit card accounts.
The position is responsible for ensuring that the Bank optimizes on commissions and fees earned from the services.
- Ensure settlements of money transfers, mobile phone service providers, sub-agents and visa card merchants are made on timely basis.
- Coordinate agency activities, i.e. settlements, responding to queries, routine checks with the service providers as per the Service level agreements (SLA.)
- Prepare commission payable to sub-agents as per the signed contract and due dates.
- Establish that all transactions from the Bank Agents are accounted for in the General Ledger and commissions are received on due dates.
- Respond to queries raised by both internal and external auditors on agency settlement.
- Provide leadership and direction on innovation and process re-engineering for optimal operations.
- Approve journal entries and authorize payments within approved limits and as provided for by Management.
- Reconcile Bank accounts as per the laid down procedures.
- Supervise, appraise, guide mentor and train staff in the unit while ensuring maximum staff productivity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree in business related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K).
- At least five years of experience in accounting with one year at managerial level.
- IT Proficiency.
- Customer Service skills.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointments will be for a contractual period of three years, renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Post House, 4th Floor; Market Lane Off 17 Banda Street. Please address applications to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P.O. Box 30311-00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday 28th February 2018.
Please not that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Postbank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action.
In this regard, women, people living with disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Postbank is ISO 9001:2015 Certified