Postbank is a leading Savings Bank, with a nationwide network and offering a wide range of financial services.
Postbank is seeking to recruit a high calibre, results oriented and experienced professional for the position below:-
Senior Business Analyst
Position Function: Reporting to the office of the Manager, Systems & Alternate Channels, the position is responsible for ensuring proper and effective systems analysis and design, for maintenance of efficient business application systems.
- Establish the overall structure for the whole system.
- Design new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications and making appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness
- Cover aspects of the system such as the component structure, the function modularity, the deployment and the interface with other systems.
- Create and maintain project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time requirements, establishing deadlines, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project product/service lifecycle
- Test critical programs in order to test their functionalities.
- Carryout System scoping and Identify System resources.
- Coordinate outsourced relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
- Maintain computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Supervise, appraise, guide mentor and train staff while ensuring maximum staff productivity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B.SC in Computer science or an equivalent degree course.
- Development of Oracle applications, use of PL/SQL
- DBA skills using MSQL and Oracle RDMBS
- Proficiency in programming languages like HTML5, C, C++, iOS, Java, Objective-C. etc. is the main qualification. Basic knowledge of interface design and development will be an added advantage.
- Web service technologies, specifically REST APIs, Service oriented designs and technologies (AJAX. XML/JSON).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience on Electronic transacting Platform (switch)
- Experience on Mobile Banking Gateways.
- 2 Years in a busy ICT environment
Terms of Service and Remuneration: The appointments will be for a contractual period of three years, renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
How to Apply
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Post House, 4th Floor; Market Lane Off 17 Banda Street.
Please address applications to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P. 0. Box 30311-00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday 14th March 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Post bank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action.
In this regard, women, people living with disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.