Postbank is a leading Savings Bank, with a nationwide network and offering a wide range of financial services.
Postbank is seeking to recruit a high calibre, results oriented and experienced professionals for the position below:-
Systems Administrator and Support Officer
Position Function: Reporting to the Assistant Manager/ICT Infrastructure and Support, the position will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient System Administration of Application Systems, provision of efficient and effective ICT support services, and implementation of security controls for ICT applications.
- Perform System Application Administration duties.
- Backup and restore systems as per backup and restore policy.
- Management of Veritas backup application and data library.
- Maintain systems users and the access rights, and review of User roles to conform to business requirements.
- Management of card printing solution.
- Documentation of the System Applications.
- Ensure appropriate security and access controls to the data centre are implemented and maintained.
- Carry out System Performance tuning to ensure optimum performance.
- Troubleshoot and test computer systems software and hardware.
- Carry out software installation and maintenance to ensure relevant applications are running effectively.
- Resolve ICT equipment malfunction and ensure effective utility of the equipment by users.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a closely related field from a reputable institution with at least 2 years’ experience in Systems Administration.
- UNIX/Linux Administration and User skills.
- Knowledge in Oracle PL/SQL or any RDBMS will have an added advantage.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve arising problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work at odd hours.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointments will be for a contractual period of three years, renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Post House, 4th Floor; Market Lane Off 17 Banda Street. Please address applications to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P.O. Box 30311-00100
All applications should be received not later than Wednesday 28th February 2018.
Please not that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Postbank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action.
In this regard, women, people living with disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Postbank is ISO 9001:2015 Certified