PowerGen Renewable Energy
Job Vacancy: Project Inventory Associate
Job Location: Kericho
Employment Type: Permanent
About PowerGen: PowerGen Renewable Energy is a renewable power and micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in East Africa, reshaping the prevailing electrification model in the region.
PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
Over the past 6 years, PowerGen has earned the reputation as a leader in renewable energy and micro-grids in East Africa. From an implementation standpoint we have installed hundreds of power systems across seven regional countries since 2011.
PowerGen also leads in terms of market development and thought leadership.
Job Description: As the Project Inventory Associate you will play a critical role in supporting the implementation of a first-of-its-kind, multi-year electrification project taking place in Kericho, Kenya which will bring power to over 5,000 currently unelectrified households.
You will be organizationally situated within the company’s Supply Chain team (headquartered in Nairobi) but will be based full-time at a project location in Kericho, Kenya.
You will report to the Project Principal in Kericho, but will also interact with PowerGen’s core Supply Chain team in Nairobi and Arusha, Tanzania.
This is an exciting role with a great opportunity for quick growth and with high expectations for performance and results.
- A more complete – but not exhaustive – list of responsibilities is provided below:
- Learn existing inventory management systems at both PowerGen and the client, which has a full-fledged and mature ERP system separate from PowerGen’s
- Oversee and track the movement of materials from their requisition, storage, deployment to site, and reverse logistics back to storage after installations are complete
- Communicate with counterparts on the procurement, inventory and logistics teams of the client
- Track inventory movement activities in Excel and other computer programs (including PowerGen’s ERP system, Netsuite)
- Produce client-ready reports on inventory status, history, and projections
- Maintain a harmonized item list for the project including vendor cost tracking, lead times, and other key item information
- Managing and tracking tools and other non-consumables for the project
- Creating documentation to underpin critical inventory activities, and ensuring compliance with completing documentation
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years’ work experience in a manufacturing, construction environment
- Relevant university degree
- Prior experience in inventory management or related field, with proven skills in using software programs to aide these technical tasks (eg. Netsuite)
- Proven track record of developing, implementing, and improving systems
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English, both in written and oral communications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Intelligent, eager to learn and honest
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and eager to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description
Benefits and Compensation
Competitive and commensurate with experience.