Job Vacancy: Pub Manager – Thika
Job Location: Thika
Reports to: Director / Owner
Our client is looking for a mature and highly experienced manager to be based in Thika.
You will be directly accountable for the general management of a Pub, this includes, staff supervision, finance management, delivering profitability, operations and general coordination of the Pub.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will be responsible for maintaining staff records (staff files), supervising staff and allocating duties as well as mediating between staff and client conflicts, if they arise.
- Developing strategies that can increase patronage and loyalty such as continually improving on customer relations by interacting with customers individually.
- Management of customer feedback mechanisms to ensure good service at all times.
- As the manager, you will be involved in assessing competition and strategizing on ways to counter any threats.
- Achieve maximum profitability and over-all success by controlling costs and quality of service.
- You will support the team in managing key accounting tasks such as filing KRA returns and statutory deductions such as NSSF/NHIF/PAYE etc
- Maintain receipts and balance against sales and deposit receipts.
- Supervise stock by minimizing wastage and pilferage
- Developing the daily sales update, Cash book updates and Stock management
- Responsible for rooms, food and beverage service at the bar as well as opening and locking the facility.
- You should be to undertake other duties in emergency situations where a staff member is absent.
- Liaising with external teams to ensure effective security management.
- Managing security by reviewing the CCTV footage to monitor and safe guard staff, clients and company equipment.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
- Diploma or Degree in Business management, Finance/Accounts, Hotel Management or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a similar role in a hotel or similar establishment
- Must have experience in accounting and stock control
- Experience managing a busy bar or restaurant will be preferred.
- Good knowledge of beers, cocktails, wine and food service.
- Proficiency in Point of sale (POS), inventory software or any accounting software
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to get things done to completion
- Due to the nature of the job, applicants who reside within Thika and its environs will be preferred.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, email us (only) your updated CV in (Word Format), quoting the job title (Pub Manager-Thika) in the email subject to email@example.com on or before 9th February 2018.
Please ensure you indicate your current and expected salary on your CV only.
Kindly DO NOT attach any certificates/scanned documents to your application.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.