Do you want to support young companies in finding talent aligned to their business strategy?
Do you envision that innovative start-ups and SMEs will create the future?
Do you believe that companies need better ways to enable their teams to perform?
Have you answered yes to all of these?
We are looking for a Recruitment Intern!
Thousands of small and growing businesses are designing innovative solutions to the issues society is facing.
Millions of professionals seek a career in which their talent contributes to building something meaningful.
At edge are passionate about improving business performance through building high-performance teams, ultimately building a “Thank God, it’s Monday” society.
About edge: Since 2005 we have supported young companies in getting their teams right. In 2014 we decided to focus on transformational organizational design that harnesses talents and allows everybody to contribute to the success of the business.
Over the last year we have engaged dozens of companies in Kenya enabling them build highly effective teams to drive business goals.
Our path to becoming the trusted partner for growth-oriented enterprises around talent-related questions, such as putting the right people on the right job, consciously enabling performance, choosing and implementing systems and processes is quickly taking shape.
About the role: We are looking for a Recruitment Intern to join our team in proactive sourcing and selection to fulfill our clients hiring needs through innovative approaches.
The intern will also grow edge by supporting internal business processes.
By having you on board, we want to accelerate the roll-out of innovative talent recruitment approaches in Kenya.
This role is ideal for you if you love the culture and dynamics of small and growing organizations and if you want your analytical skills to matter.
Who we are looking for:
- You are excited about connecting people with the bigger picture of organizations
- You previously experimented with various sourcing and selection methodologies for at least 6 months
- You love being out there! Networking, meeting several new people and creating connections is your kind of thing!
- You have exposure in running projects from planning to evaluation e.g. by volunteering in University or other social organization
- You are a keen listener with great ability to “hear beyond words”
- You have a great eye for detail and design, making documents look fantastic with excellent knowledge of English, grammar and style..
- You have a track record of executing tasks in a timely manner and good at meeting deadlines.
- You are happy to organize your work independently; you are resourceful and can create lots of value with small budgets.
- You would love to work in a start-up environment, where things are constantly changing. You get bored where one month is the same as the next.
- You are curious to explore and innovate around out of the box talent management processes.
- You have an education background in Human Resources
As a Recruitment Intern you will:
o Deliver recruitment activities for edge’s client
- Together with the recruitment associate, you will design recruitment activities and timelines for different hiring projects.
- Come up with creative ways to reach the desired talent profiles (using internet, tapping into professional networks, getting referrals across the country etc)
- Design and delivery of talent selection processes ( including survey screening, phone screening and one on one interviews)
- Managing all candidates communication throughout the selection process ( regrets, interview invites, relaying info on next steps, case studies etc)
- Ensure a smooth candidates management experience during the selection process through the edge way.( Constant communication, clarifying questions with candidates etc)
- Come up with creative approaches for increasing our presence building edge’s talent pool of people interested to work in the SGB space
- Ensure timelines are met as per clients expectations.
- Give recommendations in the product development process of the RightHire product
o Ensure edge is learning
- Collect and analyze client feedback (interviews, questionnaires, focus groups, events participation, etc.)
- Compile regular reports and present findings in edge strategic meetings
- Research potential clients, analyze market trends
o Support edge’s overall growth
- Spot and tap into opportunities for edge
- Represent edge in different networking events
- Feed observations into product design
Why join edge?
- Because we’re transforming the world of work in Kenya and globally.
- Experience the start-up world and leave your mark in a young ambitious organization
- Work in an international team with a high commitment to teamwork and learning
- You will report to the founders and be included in exciting strategic conversations
- Join flexible and passionate people that value your talents!
- You will work from our Waiyaki way office
- edge is still a young company, be prepared to work with limited resources
- Having your own laptop is an added advantage
Want to apply?
Submit your application by filling this survey http://bit.ly/Joinedge
Send your CV in pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
We will continue receiving applications in case we haven’t yet selected a candidate, so please write in!