RefugePoint was founded in 2005 to provide lasting solutions for the world’s most vulnerable refugees.
We work to fill the critical and unmet needs of people affected by war and conflict that have fallen through the net of humanitarian assistance, in particular women, children and urban refugees.
Job Title: Community Navigator
Department: Nairobi Office
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Senior Officer, Community Outreach
Supervision Given: [None]
The primary responsibility of the Community Navigator is to assist the organization in providing information and timely support to refugees and asylum seekers towards their self-reliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a guide to the organization in tracing clients in the community;
- Provide language interpretation and translation;
- Collect prescription medicine from RefugePoint and deliver to patients;
- Provide accurate and timely information to refugees and migrants;
- Monitor businesses supported by RefugePoint;
- Participate in community mobilization as directed by RefugePoint;
- Participate in community education as directed by RefugePoint;
- Accompany patients to the hospital when called upon.
- Attend to any other duties as assigned by the line supervisor(s).
- Be a resident of Nairobi;
- Must be fluent in English and Somali;
- Must hold a UNHCR mandate refugee certificate, Government alien card and/or recent Government verification documents;
- Must have a minimum of secondary school education;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Post secondary school training e.g. in health, community development, counseling, business administration etc.
- Experience in community mobilization.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing Date: Short-listing will be on a rolling basis.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.