Resolution Insurance Company Ltd is a general insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions.
We have learned to adapt in this constantly changing society, and develop comprehensive products that are relevant to our clients.
We currently have over 60,000 members in our fold and have partnered with over 500 medical service providers across East Africa; a strong network of hospitals, clinics and doctors.
The Resolution Insurance brand is energetic and trendy.
In pursuit of our ambitious growth plan, we are looking to fill the position below:
Internal Valuer – General Insurance Business
Reporting to the Senior Underwriter, the job holder will be responsible for risk management by ensuring that thorough inspection and valuation of vehicles is carried out accurately for the purpose of underwriting.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Conduct accurate and prompt motor valuations.
- Carry out valuations for fleets and ensure completion as per SLA.
- Prepare motor vehicle valuation reports within agreed SLA’s and submit them to underwriting for action.
- Maintain a ‘soft’ database of motor vehicle valuations for quick access to underwriting department.
- Update underwriting system register of all vehicles valued internally and externally by our external panel of valuers to facilitate service provider invoice payments.
- Review motor vehicle valuation reports and mechanical evaluation reports that have been prepared by external valuers as and when required.
- Deal with customer complaints relating to valuations promptly.
- Advise underwriting department of new motor vehicle models and considerations for underwriting them.
- Liaise with internal motor assessor and ensure release of updated list of rare models every quarter.
- Identify likely fraudulent motor insurance placements.
- Engage motor assessors whenever there are disputes between the valuations and pre-accident values.
- Advise the Manager on any new trends in vehicle values.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering from a reputable learning institution
- Certificate of Insurance will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience preferably in a reputable valuation firm
- Gather comprehensive information to support decision making
- Apply specialist and technical expertise on the role
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal / customer handling skills
- Ability to build relationships with all stakeholders- customers, external valuers and internal customers (staff).
- Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organization; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
If you believe you are a team player and would be a valuable resource to this ever growing brand, kindly send your CV and application letter to email@example.com
by Wednesday 14th February 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.