Vacant Position: Business Development Manager – Retirement Benefits
Job Location: Nairobi – Kenya
Our client, one of the oldest and most reputable insurance Company’s in Kenya that specializes in all classes of general and medical insurance is urgently seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager – Retirement Benefits
Overall Responsibility: To participate in the acquisition of new business for Retirement Benefits Business in accordance with targets set
and criteria formulated by the Company; handling of renewal of all existing accounts and maintaining acceptable ratios of business retention for all group schemes; preparation of business plans, and coordination of marketing and sales promotion and development of life products to ensure the group business revenue targets for the division are achieved; and presiding over the effective management of the Business Development Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New Business Acquisition as per business set targets
- Leads and coordinates marketing efforts to ensure business targets are met.
- Identifies and pursues new business leads.
- Coordinates new business quotation processes, and follows up quotations with intermediaries and clients
- Conducts appropriate market intelligence to keep Senior Management informed of new developments in the Retirement Benefits business lines
- Ensures acceptable levels of business retention (i.e. preservation of existing business) are maintained at all times; and any existing business lost due to unavoidable circumstances is replaced by other suitable accounts (over and above the new business acquisition target for the year)
- Closely monitors customer service satisfaction to ensure renewals are not threatened; negotiates renewal terms of all programmes well in advance and sends formal renewal confirmations to the Operations Department (Group Business) before the renewal dates.
- Periodically reviews existing products and proposes changes with a view to enhancing their quality
- Maintains, and regularly updates business progress reports.
- Performs other duties as directed by superiors from time to time.
- Preparation of annual premium budget and setting up strategies to achieve the same
- Appointment of New Business sources including brokers and agents
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with the brokers, agents and clients. Likewise maintain close liaison with other departments in the organisation
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements are met in a timely manner
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing, MBA an added advantage
- ACII or its equivalent.
- Must have at least 5 years ‘of experience in Retirement Benefits (Guaranteed or Segregated) Business Development in the Insurance Industry
- Well established network with Brokers of Retirement Benefits business
- In depth established network with Retirement Benefits clients
- In depth understanding of the operations of a Life Insurance Company
- Good communication and presentation skills at a senior level
- Strategic planning and management experience
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive attitude and a solid work ethic
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 7th February 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.