Vacant Position: Kakuma Education Coordinator – Tusome Project
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. Founded as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park in
North Carolina in 1958, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. It has a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people.
The Kakuma Tusome program is an expansion of the TUSOME initiative into the Kakuma Refugee Camp, funded by UNICEF. TUSOME Project is a national literacy intervention implemented by the Ministry of Education and focuses on curriculum support, teacher training and teaching material development.
To improve the quality of early grade instruction in formal and non-formal schools through a reading intervention.
Kakuma Education Coordinator
S/He will be responsible for supporting the Kakuma Tusome Team Leader and the Senior Director for Africa Education. This will include working with the regional technical team in the implementation of Tusome in the camp. The Kakuma Tusome Coordinator, reporting to the Senior Director, Africa Education will assist in all aspects of technical implementation in the region.
The officer will collaborate with the Tusome Region technical team, Instructional Coaches in Kakuma Tusome Program, and Lutheran World Federation officials for successful implementation of Tusome program. The officer will also provide support for the Senior Director in other assignments in Kakuma Tusome Program.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Masters of Art in Education or its equivalent and eight (8) years of experience in the education sector.
- The potential candidate needs to have an understanding of scientifically-based reading research.
- S/he needs to have Knowledge of a balanced early literacy framework understanding.
- Experience supervising education officers and experience responding to complicated and diverse requests in the education sector.
- S/he needs to have knowledge of Kiswahili and English transition instruction strategies.
- Familiarity with the policies and procedures of the Ministry of Education and local school communities is an added advantage.
Candidates from the local county locations are encouraged to apply.
To apply, email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd February 2018.
Applicants must include in the subject line of the email KAKUMA EDUCATION COORDINATOR.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V