Vacant Position: HIV Surveillance Advisor
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research, development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
Kenyan Local Nationals.
RTI is seeking an HIV surveillance advisor to provide technical advice and consultation to the National AIDS and STI Control Programme and its HIV surveillance partners in the planning, human subjects review, training, implementation, data analysis, data dissemination, evaluation of CDC-supported HIV surveillance activities.
- Masters of Public Health or masters level degree in related field.
- Masters level experience in epidemiology.
- 4+ years public health experience.
- 2+ years post-graduate work in HIV surveillance in generalized epidemics in Kenya, including experience conducting national HIV serologic surveys in the general population and subnational surveys among key populations at risk for HIV infection Research & evaluation experience, including protocol & tools development, ethics review board submission / management, study coordination, data analysis, & report writing.
- Ability to use SAS, Stata, or R statistical software packages for statistical analysis.
- Experience in developing & authoring strategic documents, briefing documents, protocols, survey tools, reports, and manuscripts
- Prior experience with PEPFAR programs
- Prior experience working within or in collaboration with government at MOH level.
Please apply to ITOPSS@rti.org by February 9, 2018
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V