Sanergy is looking for a qualified Software Developer to join our Core Services team on a full- time basis.
Who we are: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
About the role: The purpose of the team is to provide Frontline ICT and software development services for the company and to assist in the continued reliability and enhancement of the Company’s ICT Systems.
The successful candidate will be designing, Coding, installing, implementing, maintaining and customizing already made software solutions that will support the operations at the organization.
A typical day for you might include the following
- Leading the development of custom enterprise software to power and improve the efficiency of our rigorous processes across the network.
- Designing innovative new systems, tools and processes that significantly improve operations throughout the organization; ensuring that IT solutions developed provide optimal solutions to the problems they solve.
- Reviewing existing systems and processes and recommend and design new solutions including running prototypes and pilot tests to evaluate new ideas and reviewing workflows, user interaction and user interfaces for new software solutions before they are developed and recommend improvements.
- Leading of software development resources (in-house and contracted) on architecture improvement projects; customising internal systems with off the shelf software.
- Own the software release process including planning and coordinating the timing, schedule and deployment of software releases being done by the different teams
- Maintain and improve software configuration management practices and tools including bug tracking, version control, software builds, and deployment.
- Project management for software projects; ensuring milestones and deliverables are satisfactorily met.
- Supporting in-house users of our custom software and problem solving.
- Provide mentorship and general knowledge transfer in matters IT related to members of the IT team.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/ Computing, Certification in software development is a plus
- Demonstratable experience of 2 years in software development and QA and Testing
- Demonstratable experience in agile development
- Working experience in a social enterprise is desirable
- Ability to design creative solutions given significant constraints such as very low cost, lack of power, and a non-technical user base
- Experience leading teams through brainstorms / innovation sessions / workshops
- Knowledge and experience of C#/.NET, PHP, Java and Android.
- Experience taking software projects through the entire software lifecycle (requirements analysis, design, implementation, deployment, post deployment support)
- Demonstrable experience integrating off-the-shelf and custom built technologies
- Development and support of systems that are critical to the day to day operations of medium and large organizations (ERP, financial systems, CRM, MRP etc)
- Demonstrable experience in database design and advanced SQL.
- Knowledge and experience with professional software development practices and tools including source code control, defect tracking, unit testing and code reviews.
- A team Player
- A people person, one who will interacts with others learn their needs and develop software solutions to meet those needs.
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
To apply, please CLICK HERE to submit a cover letter and your resume/CV.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadline for submission of application is 15th March, 2018.