Save the Children
Job Vacancy: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning(MEAL) Intern
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: This is an exciting opportunity for young dynamic upcoming professional seeking to obtain on the job experience in MEAL while working with a motivated multinational team.
It requires a dedicated and highly motivated individual who is willing to learn at the same time offer creative ideas to achieving the goals of MEAL
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in any field of social development
- Prior training in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning and Knowledge Management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively in networks and communities of practice
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point)
- Consolidation of data and reports from country programs to facilitate regional analysis and reporting
- Monitor and undertake quality assurance procedures for Program KPI reporting
- Coordinate and organize learning meetings including virtual meetings like webinars and manage dissemination outcomes,
- Coordinate the MEAL community of practise and support other thematic communities of practise to catalyse learning
- Work with the regional IT team to develop innovative systems that enable country and regional staff to share and access existing and new knowledge
- Any other duty and assigned by supervising manager
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document.
Deadline: 22nd February 2018
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents