Our Client, is a leading Serviced Apartment in Nairobi and is looking to fill the position of Hot Kitchen Chef.
JOB BRIEF: We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Kitchen professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
- Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen.
- Coordinate daily tasks with the Sous Chef or Executive Chef
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in set up and supervising of buffets and special functions
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
- Consult and check on daily requirements, functions and last minute events
Guide and train the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment
You should have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and previous experiences in quality establishments along with good culinary skills.
The ability to communicate well in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is an essential.
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES:
The ideal candidate will be positively spirited, passionate about food and committed to work together with the service team to deliver an amazing guest experiences every time.
You are a positive, dynamic, creative and dedicated team player with the ability to work in a multicultural environment and under difficult condition while possessing following additional competencies:
- Understanding Hotel Operations
- Effective Communication
- Planning for Business
- Supervising People
- Understanding Differences
- Supervising Operations
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
All applications should be sent to: email@example.com