Vacant Position: Site Supervisor
Job Ref: EHC/1076/18
Reports to: Human Resource Manager or other Senior Department Manager
The Role: To manage staff and oversee client’s projects as they maintain safety protocols and implement site procedures. The ideal candidate must be experienced, responsible, and team-focused.
- Oversee day to day performance of the workforce at the site
- Keep accurate records of employee attendance and timesheets,
- track number of personnel and total hours on site every day
- Maintain daily timesheets, leave, overtime and all details of every worker on site every day, note, ensure no ‘ghost workers’ or inflation of overtime. Ensure appropriate signoff as per contractual requirements.
- Submit timesheets on an agreed periodic basis to Client representative (daily, weekly, semi-weekly, monthly); and review with Client, seek Client approval and submit to employer home office payroll either manually or via timesheet/payroll system
- Calculate total hours and submit to payroll (or validated system output) to ensure correct calculation of invoice matches approved timesheets. Address any deviations either discovered proactively or pointed out by client, and recommend corrective actions
- Provide single point of contact for client representative, liaising regularly and responding to workforce management matters
- Ensure familiarity with Client protocols, procedures, processes, safe working practices, industrial hygiene, use of Personal protective equipment, Client alarms and emergency response protocol and so on; and ensure compliance by workforce. Take corrective action as required.
- Ensure site safety and security of workers; in conjunction with Client and Client employees. Handle emergencies appropriately according to established procedures and in conjunction with Client and client procedures.
- Ensure regular inspections and maintenance of any systems and equipment that are the responsibility of employer. Ensure any operational and safety protocols regarding Client equipment are following by responsible members of workforce, ensure any training, certifications, compliance of equipment operators is valid and up to date.
- Maintain positive and constructive relations with Client and workforce, ensuring clear lines of communication established
- Be available when client is devising and implementing site policies and procedures
- Participate in any Client Operational Meetings or other engagements as required on behalf of the workforce and on behalf of Employer; advise Employer home office senior management of any required meetings or engagements with Client and help to schedule same.
- Prepare and file accident reports for staff under direct responsibility; contribute to joint reports if involves client staff as well as contract staff.
- Remain current on Labor laws, and demonstrate competent experience in applying them and using them to for any interventions.
- Ensure workforce is in compliance with all applicable government regulations. Advocate on behalf of workforce to Client or Employer home office Senior
- Management if workforce is negatively impacted by Client lack of compliance.
- Supervise and evaluate staff, complete employee reviews
- Provide positive direction to motivate quality performance
- Discipline personnel when necessary and appropriate, including termination action
- Key role in recruitment of workers, candidates, onboarding and training new hires. Ensure any certificates and permits required by workers are in place, valid and remain valid through required recertification or renewals.
- Set project goals and oversee projects to completion
- Schedule and track assignments
- Handle sensitive information with confidentiality
- Ensure compliance with contracted service level agreements (SLAs)
- Communicate with Client at all times especially when need arises or when called upon to
- Inform employer home office HR Department of major issues at work
- Submit daily reports to the employer home office
- Attend monthly meetings at employer home office
- Recommend changes and best practices at the site, guided by the Client management
- Handle workforce grievances and offer lasting solutions to issues affecting workers’ performance
- Lead from the frontline; be a worker by example and proper guidance
- Pass on information immediately to relevant parties and actively do follow ups to conclude processes
- Handle regular issues at site and/or escalate technical matters to employer home office.
- Be flexible to move to any client site as may be assigned by employer home office
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field or more than 8 years’ work experience as a line supervisor with demonstrated experience in all of the above.
- CPR and First Aid Certification would be an added advantage
- At least 4 years of prior experience in workforce supervisory roles
- Proficiency with multiple computer operating systems and software applications
- Experience with processing payroll a requirement
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Exemplary analytic, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proven leadership skills with a large and diverse workforce, demonstrated conflict resolution skills and experience
- Ability to nurture effective professional relationships with staff and clients
- Strong project management abilities
- Confidence to thrive under pressure
- Professional demeanor and attitude, highest integrity and can establish credibility and trustworthiness with Client and workforce Staff.
To apply for this position, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th March, 2018 quoting the position in the subject line, current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted