Job Title: Supermarket Branch Manager
Section: Supermarket (Kisumu and Nairobi Region)
Job Category: Managerial
Reports To: Operations Manager
Main Purpose of the Job: Implementing, managing and monitoring the branch strategy, policies, culture, corporate governance and image to ensure overall branch performance, growth, sustainability and profitability to realize shareholder value.
- Implementing the branch strategy, policies and procedures to ensure delivery of the branch plan while contributing as assigned to the overall business objectives
- Driving growth initiatives and advising on new trends and requirements aligned to the supermarket business
- Sustaining strategic partnerships and networks to enhance business performance
- Approving all expenditure in line with the branch budget
- Accountable for Profit & Loss of the branch/operations
- Ensuring proper storage of inventory and maintaining requisite records
- Managing sales promotion & merchandising while ensuring proper displays of items, adequate and spacious shelves in the supermarket
- Managing support services e.g. IT, report on system performance.
- Custodian of all the supermarket resources & assets while presiding over daily operations
- Ensuring branch transformation and change initiatives to achieve desired FEP Group objectives and organizational culture
- Ensuring overall compliance and governance to meet local and international legislative and regulatory standards
- Analyzing performance reports and presenting to the Business Unit (BU) Head with recommendations
- Talent management including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in management
- Degree /Diploma in Business related studies
- Good Leadership Skills
- Operational excellence and cost consciousness
- Professionalism and ethics
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good Decision-Making Skills
- Experience in supermarket an added advantage
- Experience in loss control or stock control in Retail an added advantage
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to interact at all levels.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Confidence and self-assurance.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team towards a shared vision.
- Ability to manage and communicate change effectively
- Ability to achieve results through people and systems.
If qualified send CV only quoting the job title on the subject (Supermarket branch manager) to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Current and expected salary.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.