Takaful Insurance of Africa
Vacant Position: Underwriter
Takaful Insurance of Africa is a pioneering dynamic Takaful Operator with exciting ethical perspective to the insurance market in Kenya and the region.
Founded in the year 2008, The Company is the first fully fledged ethically based underwriter in East and Central Africa.
In view of our rapid expansion, we are in the process of recruiting, qualified, experienced, competent and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Underwriter in General Takaful Department.
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Job Summary: To provide accurate, timely, effective and efficient underwriting operations and decisions in line with risk assessments and business objectives.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend to customer enquiries and queries from alternative distribution channels
- Gathering and assessing background information in order to effectively assess the risk involved
- Computing results for appropriate premiums
- Drafting policy documents and processing policy endorsements
- Issuing renewal documents and endorsements
- Preparing renewal invitation – Renewal Notice/Risk Notes/Renewal Schedules
- Preparing renewal invoices /debits
- Processing debits and credits
- Dealing with correspondence in accordance with the mail handling procedures on issues of underwriting
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made
- Arranging for issuance of certificates or any other underwriting documents that the clients may request
- Support a responsive and robust customer service system and culture
- Supervising, assigning tasks and coordinating activities in the section in the absence of the supervisor
- Mentor, coach and train underwriting clerks to ensure their work follows the underwriting guidelines
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, BCom(Ins) or related field
- CII/ IIK Diploma
3 years’ experience in underwriting with an underwriting company
How to Apply
Application letters and copy of current CV in one document clearly titled “APPLICATION FOR UNDERWRITER” should be sent by email to email@example.com or hand delivery to TIA Head Office, CIC Plaza, 3rd floor, Upper Hill, Nairobi.
So as to reach the HR & Administration Manager on or before February 16, 2018 at 5pm.