Job Vacancy: Bartender
Unit: Tamarind Mombasa
Job posting: 13/02/2018-28/02/2018.
Starting date: Immediate.
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based at the Tamarind Mombasa.
- Prepare alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails.
- Creating beverage lists, menus and drink promotions in close collaboration with the F&B Supervisor.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
- Carry out opening and closing duties while ensuring your tools of trade and work environment is clean at all times.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations as well as up-sell food and beverages to guests.
- Comply with all safety and health policies when handling food and beverages.
- Follow correct sequence of service outlined in the F&B Standard Operating Manual.
- Clean glasses, utensils, bar equipment, bars, work areas, tables and guest lounge areas.
- Clear tables and counters once service is completed and cleans up any spillages thereof.
- Issue sales receipts & receive guest cash bill payments and ensure correct change is issued back.
- Reports all spoilages and breakages to the F&B Supervisor for proper recording.
- Prepare a daily collection summary report and submission of all collections to the cashiers desk at end of shift
WHO ARE YOU?
- Diploma/Certificate in Food and Beverage service
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a bartender.
- High degree of integrity and dependability
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is 28th February 2018.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.Tamarind.co.ke. Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail email@example.com