Job Vacancy: General Manager – Technical
Job Location: Nairobi
Salary: Kshs 500,000
Nature of Job: Full time
Industry Type: FMCG
Summary: Our client is a manufacturing company dealing with food products. They seek to recruit a General Manager-with technical or engineering background.
The incumbent will provide overall management and co-ordination of the Technical Department, which provides technical services to all divisions and departments in the company.
He will ensure that the department provides cost effective, competitive, high quality engineering services to users. He will give strategic direction for the Department.
- Coordinate and provide leadership for the Technical Department
- Offer advisory services to Technical Managers on Technical related issues in liaison with the Manufacturing Director.
- Ensure effective and efficient technical services are provided to the Factory and other departments.
- Supervise all managers in the Technical department and offer oversight role to all Technical and Section Managers. This includes amongst others allocating them responsibilities / oversight roles in the various Plant Sections, department and ensuring all sectional KPIs are set and met etc.
- Offer general administrative services to all Technical sections to cover amongst others; Staff management, management of contractors, performance appraisal reviews, cost management, infrastructure facilities, duty rosters for Managers etc.
- Ensure materials and spares are procured efficiently and effectively in liaison with the purchasing, Inventory & Logistics Department.
- Responsible for staff development in Technical department
- Ensure department budget is prepared and approved on time and carry out monthly reviews.
- Job Holder should hold a Bachelors’ degree in Engineering
- A holder of Masters Degree in Management will have added advantage
- Should have over 10 years working experience in manufacturing concern.
Note: If qualified and interested in this role send your CV quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted