Our client, a leading International telecommunication company that specializes in comprehensive range of building automation systems and HVAC products among others is seeking to recruit a Project Scheduler.
Duties and Responsibilities
General, superordinate tasks and duties (within his or her own scope of responsibility):
- Ensure compliance with the environmental, fire protection and occupational health & safety regulations.
- Ensure definition of and compliance with the requirements governing quality, time schedules (deadlines) and costs.
- Ensure compliance with data protection and information security requirements governing e.g. personnel data, design calculations, costings and proposals (bids).
- Ensure experience and information feedback (via e.g. CAPA and PCM).
- Maintain and update the List of Open Points .
- Provide support for project site-specific reporting (e.g. daily, weekly and monthly reports).
Specific tasks and duties of Project Scheduler:
- Setting-up, configuring, processing and updating the project execution time schedule comprising about 3.000 activities with Primavera Enterprise P6 schedule planning software,
- Application and coordination of the time scheduling methodology by Siemens, customers, partners and (sub)suppliers,
- Preparation and update of the integrated project time schedule, determination of contractual deadlines prior to (sub)supplier meetings in coordination and agreement with GPM, Sub PM’s and Erection & Commissioning,
- Clear and comprehensible representation, analysis and preparation of solution approaches for primary and secondary critical paths in cooperation with Site Management and Project ManagementPro-active communication, controlling and measurement of forthcoming activities including impact of these activities on potential critical paths
- Review and verification of corrective measures securing contractual deadlines, provision of pro-active risk mitigation & opportunity plans and strategies to GPM /CPM
- Performing of time scheduling, progress measurement and provide time frames and interfaces for site activities thus fitting into the overall project schedule,
- If necessary increasing of details in the site schedule to allow better forecasting and/or following-up of site progress (Level 4 Schedule)
- Analysis of important deviations of current status vs. planned status (baseline planning),
- Identification, evaluation, documentation and reporting of claim relevant events and conditions arising vis-à-vis customers, partners and (sub)suppliers to the GPM, CPM, GSM,
- Develop forensic schedule histories as required for claim management,
- Participation in site internal, customer/owner and (sub)supplier meetings for coordination of time scheduling.
- Update Global Resource Management (GRM) data within the schedule necessary for the BU-wide capacity planning.
- Prepares regular site progress reports in accordance with the requirements of the Lead Project Controls Engineer
- Provides the required contribution to the Customer Monthly Progress Report
- Prepares documentation for substantiation and defense of claims
Requirements for Execution of Services
- Project management methods
- Engineering, fabrication, field assembly and commissioning know-how
- Knowledge about interfaces between engineering, supplies, civil works, erection, commissioning
- Knowledge of MS Project 2010-2013, Primavera Enterprise P6 and Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Network schedule planning techniques
- Critical path analysis
- Sufficiently fluent in English to handle negotiations independently
- Experience in engineering, project management, working with/at construction sites
- Experience (> 8 years) in project execution of large scale EPC projects
- Long years of experience (>6 years) in schedule planning and tracking
- Experienced in working within intercultural project teams
- Integrated Project Schedule in MS Project 2010-2013 and Primavera P6 with about 3.000 activities
- Monthly Project Progress Report to the client as requested per clients contract
- Monthly internal report, containing
- Description of deviations compared to last month
- Critical Path analysis
- Milestone Trend analysis
- Progress curves for individual trades (preferable based on BoQ)
- Updated as-built schedule
- Reporting of Major Schedule deviations as soon as they occur
- Delay analysis and recommendations of mitigation measures
- As-built schedule compared to Baseline Schedule at the end of services
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org or before close of business 15th March, 2018.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement