Terre des hommes (Tdh) launched its activities in Kenya in January 2011.
Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab refugee camp and in Korogocho slums.
Tdh also implements health and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
Vacant Position: Fundraising Intern
Reporting to: Country Representative
Duty station: Nairobi County
Contract duration: 1 month with possibility of extension
General description of the position: The intern will assist in developing Tdh’s contacts and partnerships with national and international donors for its projects in Kenya. He/she will also develop new fundraising strategies (direct mailings and donor relationships).
Responsibility: the intern will assist the Country Representative in the following duties:
- Creating contents for communications to donors and supporters;
- Researching, identifying, assessing and developing new fundraising opportunities and relationships amongst institutional donors, private foundations and trusts, and individuals to diversify and increase revenue streams;
- Following up approaches and check on progress to ensure funding applications are fully considered by donors, ensuring relevant data is provided as required;
- Maintaining and updating a donor database.
- Develop brief reports on donor networks established and updates from meetings attended.
- Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
Required skills / experience
- Marketing / Communications degree and/or previous experience in a related field;
- Native/excellent oral and written fluency in English;
- Excellent, demonstrable skills in planning and management, with an ability to prioritise tasks, organize resources, and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn, with a passion for humanitarian assistance;
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office suite (especially Word and Excel).
- Graphic design skills;
- Knowledge of statistical methods and statistical analysis skills.
- Highly motivated and capable of independent work
- Imaginative and creative
- Well organized
- Capable of working under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Displays strong personal initiative
- Calm and rational with a logical and analytical approach to problems
Only candidates that fit the requirements above are invited to submit a covering letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates (if requirements are not met or application is incomplete, the application will not be considered).
The Application can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for this position is 20th February, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.