Job Title: Territory Sales Executive
Job Ref: 201802211
Location: Kibera & Kawangware
Reporting to: Currently Head of Sales & Distribution – as network expands into Area Sales Representative
Background: Our client is a highly innovative company, founded in 2014 with the vision to enable affordable mass-market communications in developing countries. Our client believes that by empowering people, they can actively drive digital inclusion in these markets.
Our client is deploying a cost effective internet service in Kenya, with the aim of providing affordable access to Content and Internet to low income members of society.
This service was initially launched in the Kibera district of Nairobi, will shortly be launched in Kawangware, and will be expanded to cover other districts of Nairobi and eventually other parts of Kenya over the next three years.
It is envisaged that if successful the business will grow to over 150 networks across East Africa in the next five years.
Within our clients company there are currently six key areas / departments:
- Sales & Distribution
- Marketing & Communications Product
- Customer Service
- Network & Technical Operations
- Admin & Support
The Territory Sales Executive will initially report into the Head of Sales & Distribution but as our client expands the role will report into an Area Sales Representative looking after one of the networks.
The Territory Sales Executive will be responsible for delivering the overall revenue and customer growth targets within their specific defined geographical territory.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
Overall Responsibility – you will:
- Execute all sales activities within your specific defined geographical region.
- Continually identify and uncover new opportunities to boost sales of our client Home Internet services.
- Revenue: Cary out customer MTU and STU visits to recruit new tenants to our client Home services and ensure that every customer continually pays for and continues to use the service.
- Reporting: Provide ongoing feedback on all your sales activities into the Head of Sales and Distribution, covering tenants interested, signed up, paid and delinquent.
- Continually feedback on any network issues, or non-compliance by customers on our client Home Internet etc.
- Continually gather competitor feedback / updates / status and feed back immediately into the business.
- Work towards and implement Sales best practices at all times.
- Training: Educate all potential our client customers on all our client products and services.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Technical – you will:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of all our client products and services and be able to clearly explain them to potential customers.
- Act as first level of escalation for our client customers who have issues and assist in trouble shooting and solving problems.
- Raise high quality tickets into Customer Service on behalf of the customer should you be unable to solve a customer query
- Raise high quality internal tickets on both public Wi-Fi and Home network issues as they arise.
Financial – you will:
- Meet and aim to surpass all daily, weekly and monthly sales targets for Home WiFi and Public WiFi services in your Territory.
- Assist your fellow Sales colleagues in hitting sales targets outside your specific territory for the benefit of the team as a whole.
Communication – you will:
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills capable of influencing and delivering
- Be able to handle customer objections with skill and humour to drive customers to a successful close
- Be able to clearly articulate where our client is advantageous against our competitors
- Be open and honest and NEVER oversell
- Build and maintain effective relationships with our client customers, both consumers and
- Proactively communicate with your supervisor in real time on progress and issues
Marketing & Development – you will:
- Work closely with the Marketing team to enhance brand visibility.
- Work hand in hand with Business Development on selling in specific identified opportunities throughout the Area.
- Pass leads on community based organisations to Business Development for the development of multi sales activation opportunities.
- Work hand in hand with Business Development in passing leads on multi–tenant units (MTU) where we can sell from.
Strategy – you will:
- Follow the strategy as communicated by the company
General Management – you will: None
Base / Geographical: Kibera
Manpower / Financial Responsibilities: None
- Key Customers: Customers–You are the face of the company to our customers at all times, you must never forget that. Obtaining customer feedback is critical to us continuing to improve our services. We must gain better insight into customer buying behaviour. Gaining feedback on customer perception of our client products and our competitors is critical day to day.
- Key Suppliers: Marketing – will deliver the tools you need to be able to sell better. They will provide events and opportunities, collateral and branding. Tech & Ops – will ensure the network is operating fit for purpose. It is essential they know at all times of any issues. Business Development–will work to provide bigger opportunities and events for you and your team to sell to many people at once. They will work closely with Marketing.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- You must be eligible to work within Kenya
- Education: Minimum of 0-level
- 3 years experience in direct face to face sales, experience in our target market an added advantage
In addition, you will:
- Be a team player
- Have excellent customer focus and service skills, with excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Be IT Savvy
- Show a general interest in technology and the internet
- Have good planning and organisational skills
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills
- Well presented with a positive, proactive and professional approach
- Have a sense of responsibility and integrity
- Be able to work and deliver the numbers under pressure
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews