Job Vacancy: Training Coordinator
Company Background: Our Client is a fast expanding organization with revenues that are growing by 25% annually. They currently employ approximately 2000 staff and they anticipate this number to increase by 25% annually over the next 3 to 5 years.
Its employees are integral to the success of the business and are highly valued. The company operates regionally in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda with plans to continue their expansion in the region.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- Creating continuous learning modules across the organization, given the current business needs, but also forecasting on future learning needs.
- Creating a robust orientation module to include job specific, organization culture and personal development training.
- Collaborating with Managers to identify areas of development throughout the organization including trending business needs.
- Translate these into learning opportunities.
- Identifying career aspirations and discussing and agreeing upon these with employees and their managers throughout the performance cycle.
- Identifying on-the-job development opportunities and maximizing these opportunities for development.
- Coaching department “in house coaches” on training skills, to ensure delivery method is efficient and effective.
- Target employees with training modules that fit their job level and function to make their training program efficient and effective.
- Create a “Stars” program, where top performers are identified and groomed for future leadership programs.
- In conjunction with the Human Resources Director create a succession planning program and establish a training plan for the program.
- Create a mentorship program to mentor current and future staff.
- Track employee, department and overall organization performance before and after training to determine the effectiveness of all training programs
- Research on best practices in the industry and lead in the design and development and activation of learning programs and delivery mechanisms for meeting organization learning needs. Be the learning expert of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on LTD or OD
- LTD/Organization development short courses
Relevant Work Experience
- 3 – 5 years in a training role in the HRD in a medium to large organization. Preferably in the hospitality industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Good communication skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Results oriented
If the above profile describes you, this could be the big opportunity you have been looking for.
Please send a CV and cover letter outlining your availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16th February, 2018.