Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya)
Vacancy: Front Office Intern
Department: Institutional Development
Reports to: Human Resources & Administration Officer
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 3 months with a possible extension to 6 months
Job Summary: Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) is an autonomous chapter in the Transparency International movement, a non-partisan global coalition of like-minded individuals and organizations against corruption with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the greater good of Kenya.
TI-Kenya seeks to recruit a Front Office Intern.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources and Administration Officer, the Front Office intern will be charged with handling reception duties and executing assigned administrative tasks to the highest standards.
As the ‘face’ of the organization, they will be expected to be knowledgeable about the organization, curious to learn and handle the organisation’s basic security and telecommunications system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the TI-Kenya reception area: Ensure that the reception is spotless, manage the switchboard effectively, respond to general enquiries and attend politely to walk in visitors, receive incoming calls in a polite manner and forward to relevant extensions/take messages for those absent.
- Receive and respond to all inquiries made at the reception by providing directions, instructions, promotional materials, or other general information or referring such inquiries to the appropriate persons
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail functions; including recording of all incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail (envelopes, packages, etc.), organize courier deliveries and coordinating cheque dispatches.
- Ensure that the telephones, water and sanitation facilities are well maintained.
- Develop and implement an effective filing system for administration tasks in the docket.
- Maintain conference room/boardroom bookings for meetings and ensure meeting requirements are met.
- Prepare and process payment memos for administration services offered. Ensure that bills, invoices, receipts, statements, delivery notes and other financial requirements are in order.
- Perform basic bookkeeping, filing, and other clerical duties such as photocopying, drafting correspondence, etc.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as allocated from time to time
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception door access system and ensure back up when absent from reception desk
- Manage official correspondence and contacts databases.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Recent Graduate in Front Office/ Customer Service/ Business Administration or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Knowledge of basic book keeping, telephone system and office management
- High degree of discretion in dealing with confidential information
- customer service orientation, professional attitude
- Problem-solving skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking abilities
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) by email to: email@example.com
Please include the reference: Front Office Intern as the subject of your email applications.
Do not attach your testimonials or certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be processed on first come basis.
The recruitment is open until filled.
Please note that TI-Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.