Transparency International – Kenya
Job Vacancy: Project Assistant
Department: Policy, Legal & Institutional Framework
Programme: Climate Governance & Integrity Programme (CGIP)
Reports to: Deputy Programme Officer – Climate Governance & Integrity Programme
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
JOB SUMMARY: Transparency International Kenya (TI-Kenya) is an autonomous chapter in the Transparency International movement, a non-partisan global coalition of like-minded individuals and organizations against corruption with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the greater good of Kenya.
Climate Governance and Integrity Programme aims at strengthening the legal framework & policies governing environmental practice in Kenya.
The programme aims at ensuring equitable sharing of accruing environmental benefits through citizen mobilization and empowerment.
TI –Kenya is implementing a programme of action geared to promoting transparency, accountability, integrity and anticorruption safeguards in Climate Finance Governance (CFG) both nationally and globally.
The purpose is to increase capacities of climate finance governance stakeholders to better engage, cooperate, advocate and contribute to CFG policy development, implementation and oversight through low carbon technology.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Programme Officer, the Climate Governance and Integrity Project Assistant will assist in the implementation of appropriate activities in support of TI- Kenya’s strategic goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the implementation of Climate Governance and Integrity projects in line with overall programme objectives and TI-Kenya strategic goals.
- Assist in the organization and coordination of trainings, forum meetings and events for TI-Kenya’s Climate Governance and Integrity Programme.
- Assisting in convening meetings of the Kenya Climate Finance Governance Network and drafting related reports.
- Assist in the completion of programmatic reports.
- Assist in research on various topics of programmatic focus.
- Attend and participate in relevant forums and meetings organized by TI-Kenya and its partners with reference to climate governance and integrity.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as allocated from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- A bachelor’s degree in environmental studies/sciences, natural resource management, geography, development studies or any other related field.
- Excellent understanding of current climate change issues coupled with demonstrated interest in climate governance affairs.
- At least one year relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Extraordinary initiative, creativity and ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong organizational and planning skills and sound computer knowledge.
- Integrity, diplomacy and professional discretion are essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit one document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three professional referees) by email on/before close of business on 16th February 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the reference: Project Assistant – CGIP as the subject of your email application.
Do not attach your testimonials or certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that TI-Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.